1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 2/1/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 31, 2012.

1. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

You have to be squarely in front of a player to draw a charge, he wasn't. It was a bad call. Courtney made a dumb play by trying to do everything himself, though.

2. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

I knew I saw the ticker up 20 the guy on NBA tv says this will be a good win and we lose. ****

3. gah

gah Member

Go get Kaman, we win this with a real Center playing in the 3/4. Crazy arcade game, it felt like a sneek peak at nba2k17.

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The rest of my day is ruined...

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Blow it up...

6. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

Oops....I tried to edit my post, but it didnt let me. Sorry about that. :grin:

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah i've been hearing this for a while and thought it was just a few screw ups that were just widely seen, but im starting to see it. I think it's nerves and trying to make a good play more than anything, for what it's worth, but he keeps screwing up and it certainly isn't helping.

19 freakin' points.

8. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

Now I understand why Spurs are 11 wins at home, with flop plus referee help. No respect for this team at all.

9. ThaShark316_28

Game's in the 4th at that point with a chance to tie. 1 on 4 fast breaks are OK with you? FOH

Lee wide open in the corner...Lowry and Martin see him, don't pass him the ball...They didn't want that W.

10. ApuN

ApuN Member

Spurs had 31 free throws to Rockets 13

Refs win again

11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Kevin McDick.. worst coach ever. I HATE his substitution decisions. I thought he was smart?!!

12. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Nope.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lowry had this wide open three, he didn't take, instead dribbled down the clock to 4 seconds, and dumped it to Martin of all people for a bail out three that clanked

14. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

That's the textbook definition. But the Spurs player did a good job halting his movement to make it look like he stopped. That sort of movement before a charge gets ignored all the time. Not a bad call if it gets called like that all the time.

15. Entropy

Entropy Member

Agreed. Out of all the times to p***y out, he chose the wrong time.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

some off the top of my head

before halftime, the officials swing the momentum to the Spurs by calling 3 consecutive flops by Duncan where he flailed his arms. Tony Parker misses a shot but acts like he got hit when Hill got a clean block, late whistle. Bonner flop off Patterson at the high post. Bonner flop underneath the basket after they secure a defensive rebound. Lowry drives and Parker sticks his foot out but loses balance..called a charge on Lowry. Multiple flops. We hardly got any shooting fouls called the 2nd half. Pop cursing but no T. Us fouling intetionally but the refs letting the time run out. The officials are masters of swinging the momentum.

1 person likes this.
  17. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

THERE IS NO WAY ON EARTH STERN WILL LET THE WOLVES MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, AND LET THE HORNETS LOSE THAT LOTTERY PICK

JUST WATCH ON DRAFT DAY THAT 12TH-14TH THE WOLVES WILL HAVE AUTOMATICALLY TURN INTO A TOP-5 PICK ALA CAVALIERS

18. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Did you see him clapping after the Spurs came within 1 late in the 3rd? disgusting.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is not good for him.... They think they are good but they fail in the playoffs.

20. valorita

valorita Member

This game is exactly why we need a Kaman-type player.
    We got ABUSED by a past-prime duncan because 1) Dalembert couldn't be aggressive due to foul trouble 2) Hill could not contain his jockstrap.

I saw the writing on the wall as soon as the 2nd quarter where we had no answer for Duncan or even Splitter.

We did a pretty good job on the pick&roll tonight though.

Good game overall.