1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans are just awful

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by skyline07, Jan 17, 2012.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets were as popular as the Who in 1979, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Baseball will always be less expensive than the NBA, because MLB plays twice the games and the venue is larger. Rockets tickets still might be a bit overpriced though. I know the price is prohibitive for me at least.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Also, let me just say that I think all NBA teams have been shooting themselves in the foot image-wise for quite awhile. The whole image I get when I think of going to see a Rockets game is childish and tacky. Certainly not the kind of thing I expect when I'm paying close to $100 for a game for two people.

This is not unique to the Rockets as most NBA teams have tacky presentations.

MLB is definitely winning in this area. Minute Maid Park might be the corniest, tackiest ballpark in the league, but it still feels twice as classy as going to a Rockets game.

4. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Whenever this discussion comes up, I just look at a team like the Knicks and how they couldn't even sell out games earlier in this decade with 8 million people to choose from. 8 million people, and they couldn't find 19000 to fill up MSG, now THAT is fairweather fandom at its finest.

5. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I don't go to games bc my friends couldn't careless for basketball. I am not going alone, too weird.

6. Garner

Garner Member

Get better friends.

7. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Sit next to the rowdies and pretend they're your friends.

8. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Yep I need to. :mad:

lol I hate where they sit. I would rather sit 20 rows back off the sideline than the first row behind the backboard.

9. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

LOL im one of the few born and raised Texans that hates the NFL, and american football. And prefers other sports like baskteball, tennis, mma, and track and field

10. Wilford_Knows

Wilford_Knows Member

Ok, this is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on the BBS.

WTF are you talking about. Go to the game to watch the GAME.

11. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

If the MLB had all black players, like the NBA those Astros fans wouldnt show up to the games like constantly do today.

I hate to say this, and bring in the race card. But big spending republicans wont go watch a team full of all blacks unless they are in contention for winning championships. If the Astros of the past few years was an all-black team, and their was NO Hunter Pence, or Lance Berkman. but instead we had all black players( i guarentee you the attendance would be near the bottom of the league)

The NBA has a league full of black athletes, who SOME of white america looks at as spoiled and not worth the money they are making. To them paying to go watch an NBA game is putting more money in their pockets.

I'll take it a step further in the NFL, the media markets the "white" quarterback as the best position in the USA because thats what will make more white fans come to the games. When in fact you can make the case, that the QB position is the most unathletic position in all of sports. The other positions on the field are dominated by Blacks, if the QB position was dominated by Blacks, their would not be that big of hype around the NFL as their currently is now.

Unfornately in America All-Black everything is looked at as not good, and All-White is looked at as really good. Look at last year NBA Finals Mavs vs. Heat, if Dirk was a black athlete, those ratings would not be that high. Im happy for Dirk getting that ring, and beating the Heat. But a part of me knew that if Dirk lost that series, it would turn off a lot of white fans. The fact a white athlete beat an NBA roster full of black superstar NBA Players has intrested white america in the NBA once again. And the early ratings for this year are showing that

Im not trying to start any trouble, thats just what i believe

2 people like this.
  12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

13. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

what is wrong with u? Are you're really that stupid

14. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

Johnson=jesse jackson

15. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Rofl yes, that post made my eyes pop out...

16. xAliceInChains

[​IMG]

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

That's exactly what I want to do. Watch the game. Not cheerleaders or light shows or listen to announcers railing off excitedly/with boredom every time somebody scores or music while the game is being played... on the list goes. All the frills they add in the NBA are tacky and detract from the experience.

The presentation makes it seem like the owners don't respect the game, and if they don't, why should I?

19. Relentless

Relentless Member

Johnson=Jemele Hill?
    [​IMG]

20. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member