1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets among teams interested in Chris Kaman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nadman89, Jan 27, 2012.

1. senter

senter Member

yea i agree, why mess up what we have? i think our chemistry is pretty good right now. we shouldnt give up any starters to get him, period. nor should the best of the bench be sent over either.

that being said, if we do end up sending scola and or patterson as part of a deal, any way we get back landry to help in at the 4? i really miss that guy.. i definitely think he can get back to his houston days playing potential

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Man these other GMs are really dumb. Why havent they got it by now Morey is not that desperate to get a name and give up too much to get him? At least they should give Morey credit for not falling for overpaying for any big names. Its those other teams who sound desperate to get some of these Rockets players. They better start offering more if they want them before someone else gets those young guys like Dragic, Lee, Scola a realid veteran, or Martin a deadly assassin at guard. I am sure Morey will find someone who offers a good deal for one of these guys or multiple guys soon. If not? Hopefully the Rockets just hold on instead of give in to these other teams who have goons as GMS and teams with horrible records below the Rockets in the standings.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Landry has a horrid contract for his ability level. That's a big red flag for Morey and I see no way he'd take Landry back at the same money we're paying a far superior player in Scola.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He said that prior to 2010, when the only teams who got a look in were the ones with the space to sign free agents.

The landscape changed that year, clear enough space to get the ones that want to play together or go home.

5. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

Who do the Hornets think they are? ....Oh right, the NBA.

Morey won't do that above deal because you lose a draft pick without dumping enough salary to justify losing your starting and backup 4. Whoever thinks Scola/Patterson/09 players/NY draft pick for just Kaman is a real deal needs to stop covering the NBA professionally. They better throw in Eric Gordon or go get Chris Paul back to include in that deal.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

These teams are desperate enough to think the Rockets are also desperate. They dont see Morey rushing to make these horrible deals to their horrible teams who lack as much young talent our team though. The Rockets are winning and also young. They have no need to be desperate as these other teams are.

7. cod

cod Member

He even threw out the rumor Courtney Lee requested a trade from the Rockets

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

More cap flexibility this summer if we unload Scola's contract. Gives us the room to keep Lee and sign a max free agent.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think there's much chance of picking up a player better than Scola in the offseason unless we really make noise in the playoffs and get the attention of Howard, Williams (assuming they actually make it to free agency).

I also think that if a trade becomes available closer to the deadline for a more important piece than Kaman we may need Scola to make the deal.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

how does this sound?

bud+twill+hill

for

kaman

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Like too much.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would try to get it done like this:

Chase Budinger
    Jonny Flynn
    Hasheem Thabeet
    2nd round pick

for

Chris Kaman

But I would be willing to swap in Hill for Flynn if absolutely necessary to get the deal done.

13. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Whoa, whoa. Just give up on a rookie with nice potential after he hasn't even been given a chance to prove himself?

No, thanks.

14. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

he's one of the poorest defenders at his position and is little more than a wily scorer. Not saying that he should be dealt for Kamen, but I certainly think he's expendable.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

For the right deal, but not for an expiring near-30 bench player.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

It dont matter what people think of Scola. Kaman isnt even a starter on his team anymore and he sucks now. Scola is a starter and does not suck.

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Kaman isn't even 30 and is two seasons removed from an 18-9-1 season.

The only reason he is struggling is because he plays on a crap team in a crap situation. Get him on a good team and watch his numbers improve drastically.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hate to see this ugly mofo but you are right
    He was an allstar...... Caveman that is

19. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

He scored "18-9-1" while on a "crap team in a crap situation."

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

He's a solid player, he's a very good bench player or a fringe starter at this point in his career (injuries have sapped SOME of his ability). I do want him on the team. But there are two big issues here:

1) He's an expiring contract... we can just pick him up in free agency in the offseason if we still want him and NO is asking for too much

2) Scola is still the better player between the two, and we need Scola more than we need Kaman. Neither Patterson nor Hill can fill Scola's shoes. Dalembert can play 30+ minutes a game, it's just not ideal.