1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Chicago is as good as their record?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sleepy Flloyd, Jan 28, 2012.

1. SK34

SK34 Member

Rose couldn't shoot 3's last year either.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I does think so

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Because I expected the Heat to get better and more dominant as the playoffs progressed. They didn't.

I honestly thought they would dominate the Bulls more than that. But they struggled.

4. Kenny536

Kenny536 Member

The Bulls are a great team and have tremendous depth. Gibson, Brewer, Asheikh, Rip, Watson etc. are consistent contributors along with their core. They will give Miami a run for their money.

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Ya i was ranting about this issue earlier. They aren't as good as everyone thinks, they at times can be inconsistent and too dependent on Derrick.
    Getting Rip wont be nearly enough when they get stagnant or when they run into the Heat. The Pacers (who are a good team) are already a handful for them.

6. ThaShark316_28

Except for OKC, yup.

West is OKC, MAYBE Dallas, and who? Lakers? Old ass Spurs? Grizzlies? Teams couldn't see the Bulls.

7. Garner

Garner Member

They is good as their record. I seent it.

1 person likes this.
  8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Yes. Do I think they will win a title? Absolutely not, especially if Luol Deng misses time in playoffs.

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

What?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eR4wQ9hk-N8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They'll beat Miami this year if they play them. Idk if they're a team that can win it all, but I know they can beat anyone in the East in a 7 game series with the defense that they play. To me, they are also deeper than the Cavs with LeBron (though even those Cavs did end up making the finals after beating the supposed best team in the east back then which was Detroit). Miami and Chicago played some pretty close games last season, both in the regular season and the playoffs. They're definitely as good as their record though. Miami and Chicago are the two best teams in the east, there's no question about that.

#29 ItsMyFault, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  10. ThaShark316_28

They matchup with CHI, that's why INDY gives them hell.

Pacers won't do what they can do with Chicago with a team like MIA (horrible match-up) or even the old Celtics.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

4-1 is now 'barely handling'. Nice.

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This...also, as you pointed out, this is a typical Gundy/Thibs team, which means coaching offense isn't going to be a strong suit. Thibs "play-calling" on offense in the ECF was atrocious down the stretch. It was basically give the ball to Rose and let him create. That works well during the regular season, but when you got elite perimeter defenders clamping down in the ECF, it doesn't work so well anymore. Let's see what Thibs does this time around when they meet in the ECF. I doubt old man Hamilton is going to be a difference maker. Hopefully Thibs doesn't start talking about "how they [the Heat] got some calls" after his team is eliminated like he did last time.

14. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Whoa whoa whoa, hold up homie, a whole lotta people was pickin the bulls to beat miami, rose win mvp an was a media darling, almost everyone on this board was sayin bulls was gonna "crush miami because they swept em in regular season"

You dont remember that???

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bulls still need another piece or two. Not enough offense and no one to go to after Rose.

P.S. Boozer is still absolutely terrible.

16. heypartner

Yes, and I considered that irrational Heat hate and wishful thinking.

Plus, my post above was answering a question about what I thought...not what everyone else was saying. Fair enough?

And for the same reason you and many people in this thread point to the regular season wins of the Bulls not being relevant for the playoffs...I too did not consider the season sweep of Miami to mean anything last year.

Fact is: I expected Miami to improve and become dominant as the playoffs progressed. That didn't happen.

#36 heypartner, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  17. heypartner

Like Deng?

Bulls almost won this game. On the road, no Deng. These teams are going to give us a fun playoff to watch.

18. Kenny536

Kenny536 Member

Rose gave me an erection that entire game until those last two free throws. Still, deng + home court = Bulls win.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

I agree. Deng will definitely help(even with one hand) and they missed him today against James. Still think they could add another piece somewhere to help. Might be tough though.

20. lalala902102001

Chicago is as good as their record says. They are one of the two best teams in the East and one of the three best teams in the league. They are just not as good as Miami. Miami is clearly the favorite to win it this year. The only concern is Wade's injuries and slow but obvious decline.