1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Budinger giving up ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Jones, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ILoveTheRockets

Wish Budinger would have gotten up and knocked the **** out of Mcgee for that blatant dirty play at the end which ended up with chase slamming his head on the court.

that was so freaking dirty, i hope Mcgee blows out his knee's. the guy is totally classless.

2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I'm saying Chase had his role tonight with Martin out, and that if Parsons or Lee were out, and Chase took their spot, that he would not have as much success as he had tonight (which was in fact the case earlier in the year) -- and that the reason for this is that Martin and Chase are good at similar things on the court, and that, if Chase has to replace Lee or Parsons, his skill set does not allow him to fill the roles or do the things that have allowed them to succeed on this team -- and thus he plays badly.

Put simply, Chase is another Martin (Martin-light) and while Adelman's offense can use two Martins, McHale's does not. So unless Chase can stop Martining it up out there, then Chase will not play as well when Martin is also playing.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think McHale has made it crystal clear that he agrees with you. Earlier in the year McHale stuck with the starting line-up of last year...which makes sense...so Parsons would work harder to steal a starting role away.

Now Budinger got is bench role back. That doesn't mean he will play with Martin. It means Martin and Lowry will get more rest. And I don't forsee Bud playing the 2 with Parsons at the 3. Bud will play the 3 with Lee or Dragic at the 2.

that is, until Morris gets his chance...we hope. You must hope that.

The only way Bud and Martin will play together is when McHale puts Martin at Power Forward.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Exactly.

There really was no mistake.

McHale made it damn clear that he is not RA and Bud is not going to be allowed to cruise for half the season and be given the starting job.

If Bud wants the starting job, he's going to have to earn it. But nope, looks like he was content being off the bench. Then Bud has little to show for off the bench as well, and McHale responds to that by DNP-CDing him.

Now maybe, McHale managed to finally get through to Bud. Bud's been a pretty passionless player, so hopefully this changes things.

Although this game proves little to nothing because it is against the worse team in the league. Bud had a 30 point game against the worse team in the league last season, and we had hopes for him then.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I understand criticism of Rox playerscwhat I don't get is hatred, SMDH.

DD

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...turn-to-the-rotation-heres-how-to-stay-there/

[rquoter]Budinger was replaced as a starter by rookie Chandler Parsons. McHale did not make a comparison, even in private conversations with Budinger, but there is a message there. Parsons has not shot as well from distance as Budinger. He has not shot well from distance. But he is tremendously active, always looking for a way to make a play, to get on a loose ball, help defensively, fire a sharp pass.

Budinger’s shooting grabbed attention and helped key the Rockets turnaround from an eight-point deficit early in the second quarter. But he knew he needs to not rely on his shooting touch, especially from beyond the arc, to remain in the rotation.

“I was just trying to be more active out there, move around, get on the offensive glass, just be involved more,” Budinger said. “That’s one thing the coach said I was lacking. I wasn’t being involved in plays. That’s what I tried to do.”

Budinger can knock down 3s, but should not consider himself a guy that stands in the corner and waits for the ball. That’s not how he is his best, and this team needs everyone to defend aggressively and hit the boards. Most teams do.[/rquoter]

Now that's coaching. :)

7. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

He obviously isn't giving up as you seen last night

8. DaDakota

I agree, he could have told him that and played him, for the good of the team.

Either way, I am glad Chase is back in the rotation, we need his scoring punch, either of the bench or with the starters.

If CLee is starting, Chase should be starting over Parsons....if Kmart is starting Parsons should be starting, we need that offense/defense contrast at the wing positions, but I doubt they can really do that.

DD

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Well he was needed again. I said he would be valuable despite not playing. It so happens Rockets will need him now.Of course he is good. Parsons is good too. Problem is so is Lee, and Martin. Lowry and Dragic. Its a deep team at the guard position.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Assets

11. DaDakota

Can we lock this thread now, clearly the guy was not giving up.

DD

12. valorita

valorita Member

budinger has always been slow out of the gates.
    that being said, he is who he is; a solid offensive player off the bench as a 6-7th man.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

two good games and dd's boy toy gets a free pass for sucking the first 3 weeks of the season? I expect Bud won't be this good for the entire season.

1 person likes this.
  14. DaDakota

See, it is weak assed **** like this that makes you question whether some people are really fans of the Rockets at all.

DD

15. Mr. Clutch

If he played like this since the beginning of the season, this thread would not have been made.

But like a good student, he listened to the teacher (McHale).

If Parsons keeps struggling with his shot, he may even deserve more minutes even after KMart returns.

16. DaDakota

He was still trying to find his way in McHales new system, as are all the Rockets players, and Chandler came on like gangbusters and forced his way to the forefront.

Did the benching help? Maybe....but I am glad he is doing well, now...it is helping pick up the slack of others that are currently struggling.....which is what a team is all about.

What I find funny is that you were saying he sucked, now you are not giving him credit, but giving it to McHale instead of CBud who worked hard, and stayed professional.

Give credit where credit is due.

DD

17. Mr. Clutch

I am giving both Bud and McHale credit.

These last two games were better than what he did under Adelman last year.

18. DaDakota

What, that is absolute bullocks....the guy was pretty good as a starter last year and had games of more than 30 points....

What he is not...is consistent, like most young players......but people want to lynch him for whatever reason......even though he is a very cheap contract and a very good value performer.....

DD

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't think people want to lynch him. They want to see very good to elite defense.... we can live without his offense that much if we could shut down people
    I'd rather watch New York score 70 to 80 rather us getting 120

20. Mr. Clutch

If he keeps playing well, I won't lynch him.

Otherwise, I will.