1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Series] Chuck

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DudeWah, Dec 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ashiin

ashiin Member

Strongly disagree, leave the opinions to people who actually pay attention to the show please.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Looks like Chuck was picked up for another season...but that it will be the last one.

Probably for the best. I'm not sure how much longer they could keep it up without going over the edge of corniness.

NBC revamps schedule

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Also seems like it's being moved to Friday nites....

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It'll kind of be nice that a series finale type episode will actually be that...instead of having this fantastic episode only to have to follow it up scrambling for a new storyline.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its time for Chuck to end now that everyone in the show is a spy. I wouldn't mind seeing a Jeff and Lester spin off.

Also say goodbye to House next year, another show that needs to end.

6. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Chuck jumped the shark this season big time. Stick a fork in it already.

It has never really been able to recapture the magic of the season that ended with "I know kung fu!". These days, it's just not as entertaining anymore.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'll take your word for it. I used to be a big fan but lost interest. I've got 18 episodes from this season on DVR and will now give up and delete them.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Been watching since the first episode. If you were a big fan you will still find this season enjoyable. There are some wtf moments, but mid season was pretty interesting. It's getting good again too. I would say to just watch and decide for yourself.

9. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Yeah, the primary storyline was solid but the show definitely reached the limit of "suspension of disbelief". Interestingly it had very little to do with putting a computer in the main character's head. It's what they did to everyone else.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I've actually enjoyed this season a lot. I like they way they've connected multiple story arcs and it really feels like one big overall story instead of having a bunch of self contained episodes.

11. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

The main storyline has been great but they've done so much work on the accessory characters, developing them and integrating them into the main plot, that the writers are really painted into a corner on where they can take them.

For example Ellie and Awesome, where can they go from here?

Married, check.
    Found her parents, check.
    Baby, check.
    Awesome moonlighting as a spy, check.
    Ellie moonlighting as a spy, check.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I guess it was expected to happen sooner or later, but I'd rather Morgan not become Chuck 2.0.

13. lalala902102001

I thought the finale was good. But it's obviously that the show has run its course. Hopefully they wrap it up nicely with 13 more episodes.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Last nights episode could have worked very well as a series finale, think they should have just let it end this year.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

That's probably in the works, they'll make a House/Thirteen romance and then kill off Thirteen for the finale if Wilde finally starts to get lead movie roles ($1 - $5 million for three months work instead of $5 - $10 mm for 22 weeks). I imagine Laurie wants to do British TV again and Leonard (Wilson) wants to go back to theatre. Although, it has a very workable plot structure that could go on for another 4 or 5 years with some well planned casting changes, similar to ER or Law and Order.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If anything I think last night's episode of House showed that Huddy still has a pulse.

I love the new storyline with Morgan, but I am so sick and tired of the whole Chuck loses the intersect, then gains it back with new features, then loses it again. WTF? The second time Chuck got the intersect they said it could not be undone. Now we find out he's lost it twice since then. Maybe he doesn't get it back this time. He sort of has all the training he needs to be a spy, but still. I really hope we somehow find out that Chuck's dad isn't dead. I adore Scott Bakula, when Chuck said "Oh Boy" I nearly pooped my pants...

I also like the fact that they are pulling away from the government and doing there own agency. It opens the door a bit more for the storyline and explains why they are allowed to live in Pasadena and somehow stay being spies. I'm optimistic about next season.

17. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1342577" frameborder="0"></iframe>

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

ha..well done. we'll see....

19. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

Anyone catch the series finale? The show really dropped off the last couple of seasons but I still had to catch how it ended. They did a good job and made me actually a dissappointed that it's ending. (just slightly). Season one rocked and it too bad they could never match that agin.

But sarah.. dang she's still hot.

20. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

finally able to finished all 5 seasons.

didn't really like the ending.
    the take on me part made me smile more than i thought i would
    *claps* to one of the best shows on TV