1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are 29th in the league in attendance.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jan 26, 2012.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Price too high, quality too low, recipe for disaster.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I do think this is a problem, but you can walk up right now and get a ten dollar ticket.

3. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Well said Dave. I couldn't agree more. It's the casual fans we need to get out to the games.

Pugs

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

another 7-game winning streak should help :)

5. BucketsorBricks

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

1. We don't get much respect from the media. They're always talking about the Lakers, Heat, Thunder, Bulls, Clippers, etc.

2. Casual fans don't have guys with name recognition that they can attach to on the rockets. If Lowry can make the all-star team maybe ticket sales go up.

3. We've been in the same position for the last 3 years. Just floating around .500 every season. People want to see success or improvement to be successful. Success makes people feel better and want to go games and watch. Mediocrity won't cut it much longer.

4. We just don't have die-hard fans like the other cities do.

7. Bumpy Genitalia

If I wasn`t so broke at the moment I would definitely go to some games. Tickets are just a little bit out of my price range at the moment. I know the seats at the top are 20 bucks but I would rather watch the game from the comfort of my own home than in the nose bleeds imo.

8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I have just gotten lazy as I have grown older. When you have a 60 inch HD tv and DVR in the living room it is alot harder to be motivated to drive ~45 minutes downtown and pay to watch a team that can be entertaining, but isn't a championship contender. I'll support them with viewership every game, and perhaps go to a handfull of games, but I don't feel it is a duty to attend a pro sports team in person. Kudos to those who can afford to attend every game and cheer the team on, but unless I get a good lower bowl ticket, watching on TV for the average regular season game is a better experience for me, and of course much cheaper. I guess that makes me a fair weather toyota center fan. But I am still watching every game just like someone who goes to all of them in person.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I love the excuses some people come up with about the games being expensive. The Rockets have so many deals for games it makes me reconsider having season tickets. "Guys night out", "family pack" and using flashseats like MadMax. Point is people blame prices but let's just be honest. Houstonians just don't care about the team after the Texans made the playoffs. Maybe after the Superbowl people will stop complaining about how, "The Texans are better than the Patriots and we could have been to the Super Bowl" and realize it's basketball season.

Hate this front running city with a passion. I go to 80% of the home games and cheer loudly. I love this team and if you're a fan of basketball you'd love this team too. Football is cool but Basketball is my favorite sport.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You can't hate people for having a preference to football. The deep South is football country dude.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Growing up I didn't get into watching sports until The year the Rockets lost to the Sonics in 92' I was 10 years old. I came into a team in it's prime and by the time I discovered football we didn't even have a team anymore. Guess that would do it.

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

It's DD's fault... He's doesn't just annoy you guys....He annoys season ticket holders too

13. BucketsorBricks

Well why not buy us all tickets since you seem to know everybodies situation? They may be excuses for you, but its life for the rest of us. And just cause we dont go broke buying tickets dont mean we dont love this team.

1 person likes this.
  14. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I don't go to the Texan's games either in person the vast majority of the time. HD TV spoils fans. I guess you can say that makes us "bad fans" but personally I don't consider it being a "front runner". It's not like I am not following the team unless they are winning or only cheering for them when they do well. I am still watching every single game. I wonder what Rockets TV ratings are like compared to the rest of the league? In any case, I don't think anyone who comes to a Rocket's fan forum like this in a year when we aren't contending and posts regularly can be considered a fair weather fan. The fair weather fan doesn't visit a Rockets fan forum when the team isn't contending.

1 person likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

[​IMG]

DD

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

LMAO... public enemy no.1

17. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I was going to say the same thing. I've been to quite a few Rocket games in my lifetime, probably close to 150 I would guess. But, at this point I would rather watch the game on my 60 inch TV instead of sitting up in the rafters where I really can't see the action that well. If I could afford tickets in the lower bowl then I would probably still be going to the games. NBA teams get a lot of their income from TV these days, and I'm supporting the Rockets by subscribing to a TV package that includes Rocket games. So, I really don't feel guilty about not attending games. If people have the money and want to go to the game, they will. But for me, I have other things I need to spend my money on.

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

You can already judge from the number of posts in the game threads. I myself have seldom watched Rockets games live anymore, just archive games when I have the time. There is just nothing in this Rockets team that is exciting anymore IMO. No more big names, flashy dunks and passes, energy guys, exciting rookies, HOF coach etc. I don't think even winning can change anything.

19. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Chandler MF'ing Parsons

20. redao

redao Member

29th attendance is something we should cherish.

Yes! Let's roll with mediocrity. we are good enough. DO NOT WANT TANK.