1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think more than anything I would just like to see a small 2 for 1 deal which clears Budinger and maybe 1 other of the more trade-able 09ers (most likely Hill) for a backup center or for a pick. I want to see this mostly to cut some of the fat from the roster and to bring Morris up to the team to take over the backup 3 spot.

That and I'd like to see a trade with the Knicks to bring back Jeremy Lin. I think Budinger for Lin could work.

Considering getting a decent backup center would not be too easy with our scrubs I would more than happy with just Lin and a pick.

The following 2 trades would help to tighten the roster up:

TRADE 1:

Houston Trades:
    - Chase Budinger

New York Trades:
    - Jeremy Lin

TRADE 2:
    Houston Trades:
    - Jordan Hill

Milwaukee Trades:
    - 2nd Rd. Pick - Would probably be a high pick.

Rockets 9 Man Rotation:

P.G. - Kyle Lowry / Jeremy Lin
    S.G. - Kevin Martin / Courtney Lee
    S.F. - Chandler Parsons / Marcus Morris
    P.F. - Luis Scola / Patrick Patterson
    ..C. - Sam Dalembert

2. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Magic want to contend still. Nelson/Dragic, JRich/Redick, Artest/Bud, Scola/Andersen, Bynum/Davis. That's a top 3 team in East.

Lakers want Dwight and depth. Hill can play 4/5. Hedo can play 3/4. Beasley can be 6th man. They shed Metta and Luke too.

Rockets add Gasol. Open up roster space. We take a flier on Randolph. Ridnour is a perfect backup PG. We can cut Flynn and Thabeet. Add Bogans and Smith.

Lowry/Ridnour, Lee/Bogans/TWill, Parsons/Morris, Gasol/Patterson/Randolph, Dalembart/Smith/Adrien. Top 3 in West.

Wolves get a legit shooting guard. Dump Beasley. Bring in a cerebral Walton for Adelman's offense. Add another Spanish prospect in Llull. Get $3mill in cash since they are so stingy with KevinLove! And get a pick in draft.

Rubio/Barea, Martin/Ellington, Williams/Johnson/Walton/QRich, Love/Williams/Tolliver, Darko/Pekovic/Love. Vastly improve shooting, reduce rotation crunch. Didn't really give up that much. Just takes on salary. Potential 8th seed. Well positioned for future.

What's not to like?

3. E.Recasner

E.Recasner Member

Why? We cut Lin for an obvious reason.

4. freshstart

freshstart Member

:grin:

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

Lin was cut due to having Dragic and Flynn with guaranteed contracts and the expectation that they would come around and be solid. That has not happened. Flynn won't see the floor for the rest of the year and Dragic is not cutting it. Lin was very solid with his playing time. He was patient and intelligent with the ball and kept it moving the way a point guard should not erratic or a bone head the way Dragic and Flynn have been.

6. dingus

dingus Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe we can trade Dalembert until the offseason.

But more than that, Ainge has made it clear he wants to rebuild (get younger). He realizes that this is no longer a championship team and would only trade for youth (or picks).

If you go look at my proposal from a few pages ago, I think that if you throw that trade out there with a HOU pick going to both MEM and BOS it would be enticing to everyone involved... but I doubt either team would jump on it.

I just found it interesting that someone from Boston would welcome a Scola, Lee package for Pierce (I didn't think they would have any interest in Scola).

I also asked the Memphis blogger if the Griz would entertain offers for Gay before Z-Bo comes back and he said he doesn't think Gay is untouchable by any stretch of the imagination.

Also don't comment about how these are just bloggers throwing ish against the fan... I know I was not talking to anyone from the front office.

I think a player like Gay (or Wilson Chandler) would be a great fit for a Lowry led Rockets team. Lowry is the bees' knees at pushing the pace and running the secondary break, so the Rockets should be looking for more athletic front court players that are willing to push for easy buckets. Both Gay (and Chandler) are SFs who can transition to PF when guarding stretch 4s. Both are fairly respectable two way players who aren't afraid to rebound (I'd be a little worried about rebounds with Gay at the 4, but he couldn't be any worse than Scola).

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You're probably right on trading Dally.

8. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

the suns would never EVER agree to this trade. markieff morris is playing real real well right now, we would have to give them martin or schola (maybe both) in this trade. and btw im fine with doing that. #courtneyleeftw

9. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

what does this team need?
    we're good at PG
    martin is dissapointing me, he is definitely a candidate for a trade
    parsons is good but is he a legitimate NBA starter?
    scola, don't like that guy right now, like martin he is disappointing me.
    dalembert, he is playing really well right now, but he is in his 30s so is he expendable?
    lee is our best bench player by far
    everyone else on the bench is expendable.

in other words, definitely keep lowry and maybe parsons, dalembert, lee. everyone else is kind of a moving piece.
    i think our biggest need right now, is a legitamate PF

10. fattz

fattz Member

Yes, I think you're right I later posted:
    I would like to see it, too. It will take a lot to get him and his rookie contract
    (reality Channing Frye would be packaged before Josh Childress)

Scola, T-Will, Budinger, NYK pick, and the other 1/2 of the 2012 1st round pick
    ...for...
    Childress, Lopez, and Morris

Phoenix Suns Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +13.5 ppg, +1.7 rpg, and +1.4 apg.
    plus one maybe two lottery picks

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -13.5 ppg, -1.7 rpg, and -1.4 apg.
    I think Childress would be a "real asset"

Do think Suns would go for this?

11. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I'm not a huge Amare fan, but he's fallen out of favor in NY, and we may be able to jump in.

Rockets out: NY 1st, Scola, Martin, Morris, Flynn
    Rockets in: Stoudemire, Carroll
    - Rockets get their go-to guy. Even if he's not a defensive player, we shed Scola/Martin who aren't either. Morris is somewhat expendable with Parsons' emergence. We tighten our roster with this move.

Knicks out: Stoudemire
    Knicks in: Martin, Augustin, NY 2012 1st, Morris, D.White
    - Knicks get their PG, a 2nd scorer, their pick back and a prospect in Morris. They become more balanced.

Bobcats out: Augustin, D.White
    Bobcats in: Scola, Flynn
    - Charlotte gives Walker the reigns, and gets a veteran leader/scorer in Scola. Flynn is still young.

Dalembert/Hill
    Stoudemire/Patterson
    Parsons/Budinger
    Lee/Williams/Carroll
    Lowry/Dragic

Tough, defensive group to surround Amare with.

12. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

i might be able to see that actually happening. with t-will the sky is the limit in all honesty, budinger would do well in a steve nash offense. scola would probably be an upgrade over lopez. it would be worth the shot though.

13. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

we should at least give marcus morris the chance to play before this trade. his brother is doing pretty well in phoenix, twin power might make marcus do the same thing. bringing Amar'e just might attract some other stars to come to Houston as well.

14. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Maybe. I'm just not sold on him for the future as a 3. But if we do want to keep him for now, we can throw in Budinger instead.

A guy like Amare would flourish with Lowry, and the defenders around him would hide his defensive woes. And like you said, it'd help in bringing in other stars.

15. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

im just saying we should give morris a chance before shipping him out. but i would definitely allow budinger in that trade.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Amar'e's one injury away from never playing again. His contract isn't even insured. Not only no but hell no.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

We'd also give Orlando the NY 1st round pick this year and our 1st round pick 2014.

18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

sorry to break your spirits, but there is no way in hell that would ever happen. just because it says "trade is successful" that doesn't mean both parties will benefit from the trade. orlando would suck after this trade.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

More than they would suck if Howard walks for nothing at the end of the season?

20. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

they will trade him to another team...there are many teams that will put up better players than us for howard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.