1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Rick and Ricky in Minnesota Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Dec 9, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The difference between Rubio and some other really good PGs is that he hits guys in stride on the move, a lot of guys like our own Lowry primarily drive suck in the D and hit guys for stand up jumpers.

Rubio does that too and hits guys on the move....

Rubio has ELITE court vision, not a skill that is very prevelant in the NBA.....I would trade any two players on the Rockets for him..hell, make that 3...Any 3.

DD

2. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Scola, Martin and Lowry for Rubio? really?

3. redao

redao Member

Timber-wolves would easily scorn off at the offer.

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at Toronto man's comparison. Calderon is like Rubio? Yeah they're both Spanish. The end.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

I guess it falls nicely into your tanking plans... :grin:

(Errrr development plans)

6. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Ha, the wizards would laugh off that offer. The nba when you have a special elite talent, not only does he bring people to the seats(look at how many of us watch twolves highlights everyday now) but his skill changes the game and you can build around it. Scola, Martin, and Lowry are all really, really good players, btu you can't build around them. If we had a star and them, we could win a championship, but we dont. But Rubio and another star is a dangerous combo to grow into in the future. I would take it in the second bc right now iwth our players we are a hard team to beat, but mediocre and not championship contenders

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeppers.

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Rubio's elite court vision, is why I don't worry about his jumper. His eagle eye will help his 3pt shot. He just needs practice to get to at least Kidd's shooting level.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

And with the space his defenders give him trying to cut off the drives and hinder the passing, he'll do jus fine with his 3-point shooting.

10. SPF35

SPF35 Member

man, I wish Rick would give this guy 35 starter minutes,he'd be a fantasy killer even at this point, get rookie of the year(which would be cool to think that 3 guys from one draft got rookie of the year for the next 3 years)

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Dirk is not even getting 35+mpg this season. Dwayne Wade and LeBron gets about 35 MPG, but they have sat out the last few games to rest. The DNP do not get counted towards the average MPG. If it did count, Wade and LeBron would be under 30 MPG also.

Star players are playing under 35 mpg to keep them fresh between the back-to-back sets in the compressed schedule. Their minutes may be cut even further, after a full month of back-to-back sets.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So fast your head would spin.

DD

13. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

I'd trade Martin+Dragic for Barea.

but right now Minnie needs a center. Milicic is not consistent inside the paint. but i'm sure they'll like Mrtin.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

HIS ELITE court vision does fail when his teammates are not converting.
    I think he has very good court vision.....but elite? I mean is there a spectrum of court vision? For me it's just good or bad or mediocre....that's not a number

15. liunatic

liunatic Member

Elite is a number?

Rubio's vision is good and he is blessed to have good finishers around him.

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Martin, Bud, and NY pick for Derrick Williams and Wes Johnson. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Plus RA loves Martin and Bud in his offense.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

calm down dd. rubio's impressive, but there is a lack of his court vision in the rest of the league? that's ridiculous

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Plus Thabeet (exp. contract) for Pekovic.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with DD (ouch)

There hasnt been 'court vision' since magic and larry left. Kids now a days don't even know what they are missing when it comes to passing. As much as I hated magic and larry watching them pass was really something.

Besides chris paul who has better court vision that RR? I'm sure I am missing someone but I just can't think who.. help me out here.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

really? Not since 92? Jason Kidd/Steve Nash ring a bell? Hell even Mark Jackson deserves some mention.