1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Thunder 98, Rockets 95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2012.

1. fattz

fattz Member

I like what I SAW from Budinger as a first option off the bench tonight. He was out there with Flynn, too; so this stat does not tell the whole story about him tonight, IMO.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This the perfect time to tank, short season and a deep draft. Lowry should continue to be injured like the admiral was the year before the spurs got Duncan.

1 person likes this.
  3. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Good thing the Rox have two days to rest, watch film, practice, and improve from their turrible games played so far.

#83 djperm, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Missed it. What about Bud?

5. soupman

soupman Member

Good game. Parsons was impressive, as was Scola and Dragic. If there was a mistake, it was having Parsons on the floor on offense with 30 seconds left. I would have preferred having Budinger in that corner.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tough game. They battle-fought.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

All you can ask is they give it everything and they did just that. Dragic btw, is a starting PG calibare in the league. You can use him both as a PG and a combo guard with Kyle in spurts.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am starting to think that Parsons might be a "diamond in the rough." Hmmm, showing flashes of game. Seems to have an "edge." Besides that, the Rockets are looking like they are going to get a really, really high draft pick. Doesn't look like they are going to win many games.

9. Mashing

Mashing Member

Just doesn't fit this team anymore. Ship him outta here.

10. Damion Laverne

Just terrible!

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It isn't a matter of fitting the team. It's because he's bad. If K-Mart isn't scoring 20+ points/game and getting to the FT line, he isn't worth a dime.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Which probably means he has done a good job.

1 person likes this.
  13. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Need a good recap! The good/bad of the game and players.

14. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Does this game officially end the Rockets' season?

15. gah

gah Member

This game is worth watching although it was a little hard-breaking in the end. If you can, go take advantage of the little time left there is for free broadband league pass.

I'd say this is a potential turn around game. Defense was spectacular in the 3rd quarter. Just yesterday I had to say that almost everybody was playing below expectations, well tonight almost everybody played very well -except for the usual suspects Hill and Flynn, Dalembert may be on his way to joining them too- can't say we would had won with Lowry because of the great game Goran had, but you gotta feel good about what we did without him and without Lee who is our most reliable player off the bench.

This are the Rockets I'm accustomed to cheer for not the aberration that we saw the last few games, this is the time to start the playoff push, forget about tanking for now.

16. valorita

valorita Member

good game. had a chance to win and much less breakdowns vs previous.

first off, there is no place for flynn or hill on this team. they should not ever play another minute as a rocket. ever.

martin cannot be relied on in the fourth quarter. we know that. defensive lapses early but tried harder throughout rest of game. his offensive game is seriously handicapped by the new rules of not being able to jump into defender.

scola needs to box out on defensive end.

dragic is a gamer.

twill played fantastic defense.

chandler played well overall. missed the game winning wide open three. the reason why he was so effective against durant is because he did not give durant any space. played decent as a starter.

chase needs to stay on the bench.

dalembert needs to get in shape.

patterson slowly getting back into shape.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You have made very good posts lately, essentially pointing out this team's strengths and weaknesses. I appreciate that, and I agree that Hill and Flynn should not see any more time as a Rocket. They should be sent to the D-League.

18. pacmania

pacmania Member

Wouldn't we rather have Morey paying a former Houston Rockets Player to tank this team? He's paying his buddy Mchale Adelman's salary rate which means by his estimation Mchale=Adelman.

Maybe the partisan friendship, bias, has skewed Morey's analytics with respect to the right coach. He has been low-balling all the players with respect to their salaries and now here comes Mchale from Boston and its all warm and cozy with the salary.

The salary should vary with the caliber of the coach, I don't think Mchale is even half of Adelman's worth. Its like giving a scrub a max contract.

Oh well, lets reward the former boston celtics player who never played for the rockets but is close with the general manager.

19. pacmania

pacmania Member

Wouldn't we rather have Morey paying a former Houston Rockets Player to tank this team? He's paying his buddy Mchale Adelman's salary rate which means by his estimation Mchale=Adelman.

Maybe the partisan friendship, bias, has skewed Morey's analytics with respect to the right coach. He has been low-balling all the players with respect to their salaries and now here comes Mchale from Boston and its all warm and cozy with the salary.

The salary should vary with the caliber of the coach, I don't think Mchale is even half of Adelman's worth. Its like giving a scrub a max contract.

Oh well, lets reward the former boston celtics player who never played for the rockets but is close with the general manager.

20. blackmix13

blackmix13 Member

i realy don't know what is good about chandler parsons defense,kevin durant scores 27..and parson scores just 2 points for 30 min.. :/ put TWILL in game..he play good on offense and defense..and he knows to score. TWILL IN STARTING 5 :)