1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is planning on buying the Jordan 11s tonight?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Doctor Zoidberg, Dec 22, 2011.

1. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I used to collect penny racers when I was a kid.

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

No it is neither silly nor bigoted. He made a valid point and I believe a number of other people (of the same race as the majority of those in line) feel embarrassed watching the video because of what Svpernaut pointed out.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Totally agree. It's a simple fact you pointed out and true, regarding the perpetuating of stereotypical behavior.

1 person likes this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not to mention these shoes are going for at least 3x the price on ebay right now, most of them more than that. You can easily make a few thousand just flipping shoes for profit if you have enough of them.

Give me an investment strategy that is guaranteed to make 300% at least within a week.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It is limited.
    Its called making way below the demand and selling them for high prices. Yes, everyone is aware of that.
    That also makes them RARE; which means when everyone gets the Jordans that have been sold... even fewer would be available for sale later; which drives the value of the Jordans up even more.

But I understand this is coming from a non-sneakerhead. I wouldn't expect you to understand or attempt to help you understand it... Stick to your Call of Duty midnight releases. :p

(Also, most malls and outlets that are experienced in selling Jordans know to hire tons of cops on release night... that being said... not trying to defend some of the thugs that clamor in that line...)

6. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

My tax dollars pay for their food on the table while they paid over $150 for shoes?! :rolleyes::mad:

7. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

RDjr... Define their and they.

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Can anyone please translate?:confused:

9. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Young entrepreneurs getting a 300+% ROI using free advertising from local media.

And Michael Jordan and Nike machine makes kids cry.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gAg3uMlNyHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

economy can't be that bad if people are buying such expensive shoes... :confused:

11. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

SMFH. What a bunch of losers at least someone came out winning.

[​IMG]

12. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

Hook me up with da Get Money Boyz number so they can preach on my new joint comin out next year

13. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Jordan must be real proud of his people.

14. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

deep video man. nice.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Just to add, people in general, in regardless of race and social economic status wants to flaunt *****. Poor people flaunt shoes and rims because that's the luxury items they can afford to flaunt AND more importantly what their PEERS flaunt. Have you seen how many young professionals making $40K start buying $200K houses out of school because their friends are? Or spend 40%-65% of paycheck on an apartment "in the city"? Or buy a $40K car on a $40K salary (get a ton of these people in Dallas). Heck, how many kids complain about student loans but when in school, they take the loan and use it to go to Cancun with their fraternity/sorority? We all want to keep up with the Jones's but the problem is that few of us really can. Yet the consumption driven media marketing kept telling us we should and make us depressed when we're not.

P.S., I think it's worse for a sur-urban kid to turn $30K-millionaires because they should have know better. Our consumption culture makes me shake my head.

#95 wizkid83, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    4 people like this.
  16. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

well put wizkid. it seems like it doesn't matter how rich or poor someone is. the only thing that matters is how much one appears to have compared to his peers.

18. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

You've just summed up our financial crisis in a paragraph. Kudos.

19. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Jordan 3 black cement's are way better than these.

20. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Good thing those are "Limited Editions." :rolleyes: