1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Open Practice/Red Rowdies Tryouts 12/20/11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 00rocketgirl, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Crap. I just saw this thread. I could've been there tomorrow, too, but won't be getting to Houston until Wednesday. Ah well. Enjoy!

2. val_modus

val_modus Member

I sat by the rowdies for the Denver game last season (home opener) anyone remember me? I had the "Melo has bieber fever" poster ;)

3. acjeitherocket

smh...*** any1 that hates on the Rowdies

1 person likes this.
  4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

anyone else going? Getting ready to head out after a quick stop at walmart to buy a cheap toy, because i'm just about as broke right now as that kid that will be receiving a toy.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Post some vids later, not gonna make it...

6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I honestly thought I could show up at 11 and be one of the first 500... I thought wrong.

7. dianap07

dianap07 Member

i don't have the liberty of asking for the day off, taking a long lunch or asking to leave early. everyone, enjoy the open practice and good luck to those auditioning

8. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Checking in from front row

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Sounds like your boss is Les.

10. dianap07

dianap07 Member

I'd probably be richer.

11. thejav

thejav Member

Wow this thing was horrible...what a waste of time..took forever for the players to show up..

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Watching red rowdies try out right now.

Anna Megan looks like she needs fried chicken or something.

13. mhsc008

mhsc008 Member

14. Prince

Prince Member

Looks like you're a big fan of Brian Cook :D

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Welp, I know everyones interested in hearing my take on it. Here is a quick run down if you didn't make it out. I heard they streamed it on FSN's website.

I thought I would be cool and show up at 11 and be the first 500. I figure middle of the week, people at work....

I forgot, it's winter vacation. People are taking days off, kids are home. The line wrapped all the way down LaBranch towards the practice court.

I was like the 502 in line to get an autograph. I don't really do autographs, but ****, it's still cool sometimes.

This thing started at 12, but the scrimmage didn't start until like 12:45 ish. Basically it was Chrislord, a video, Chrislord, a video, Chrislord, a video. I ate Nachos.

Finally, the players came out to the intros.

Jeremy Lin has a cult following. Rockets brass, never cut him because he can't do no wrong apparently. Just sign any random Chinese guy you can find, and milk him. Doesn't matter if he's from the other side of the Ocean, or the heartland of the country.

Coach came out, and gave a speech, blah blah, be loud. Not sure if he was drunk, but he came out with a plastic cup. Not sure if he was drinking or not. Wouldn't surprise me if he was. And then he walked back in the tunnel. I understand that they had practice earlier, but damn even the scrimmage was whack. I know they never try, but damn, just a little bit. Throw some good dunks down, some alley oops. They barely did those. Someone didn't get hot and hit 35 foot bombs or anything like that. No one tried to And1, except maybe Chase.. but that was something else. The halftime show took forever. Still couldn't figure out why Patterson and Lin had to dance. They weren't rookies. There was an excited Jeremy Lin fan that got to go on the court. He had a sign that said for Lin to sign here. I think Twill ended up signing it too. Not sure why Twill had to CBlock on that guys sign. Morris opened up a can of quit on the dance. Lin got stuck with doing the macarena. I think Chandler Parsons should have won the dance off. Patterson only won because they played Michael Jackson.
    The second half was only 5 minutes instead of 10.

The best part of the scrimmage was Hasheem bringing the ball up. I love love love stuff like that. It's hilarious.

On to Rowdy tryouts. This happened last year too, but they said it was open to the public, but they kicked us out. And then they said, oh, it's okay, you guys can stay. And then another red vest said we had to go, and then it got all corrected. I hope Rockets brass reads this ****. It happens every year. It seems like promotions people or the basketball side of the organization doesn't tell anything to the arena side of the operations. It's pretty damn annoying. One of the Rowdys sorta got pissed off with all the redvest people saying, it's a public event. They (we and others) could stay. We ended up staying. Not gonna say who the Rowdy was, but he's a long time Rowdy, vetted. Name starts with A, I believe. I'll keep it at that.

That guy in the orange jumpsuit. I think he really did just come out of prison.

1 person likes this.
  16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The real question is: Did ClutchFans's own 00rocketgirl make the squad?

Why they even make her try out anymore is beyond me. She's the face of the Red Rowdies.

1 person likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding! Someone like her should have permanent Red Rowdie status. This is the sort of thing I miss out on by living in Austin. :-(-

18. Relentless

Relentless Member

Pics or GTFO...;)

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

She's in, among with some other rowdies I fine enjoyable.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Why was the rowdy upset that the public stayed to watch?:confused: