1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Open Practice/Red Rowdies Tryouts 12/20/11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 00rocketgirl, Dec 17, 2011.

1. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/fans/open_practice_2011_2011_12_15.html

Open practice and Red Rowdy tryouts are two of my favorite Rockets annual events. Kind of an inconvenient day and time for a lot of folks, but I'm sure with the home game tonight and the Aeros game Sunday, it was the only day they could do it.
    I'll be on channel 2 KPRC at 7:30 AM this morning promoting the Red Rowdies auditions

2. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

hope Daly is signed or DM traded for a legit C by the open practice..

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

How about they do it when people don't work

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Oh wow, congratulations and props for being dedicated enough to the team to wake up Saturday morning to do that.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Looks like someone isn't Rowdy enough to have a "sick day".

1 person likes this.
  6. Htown's2kFinest

Hope this time it's more organized than last year. I remember everyone was packed together, side by side in the lobby waiting for the doors to open. Then when it all go started it was mostly the guys just clowning around not playing defense or trying at all. And it was way too short considering the long wait to get inside. But hey, they are the Rockets so still enjoyed. But hopefully this time it'll be more like the Kings or Celtics open practice and they try a little so we can see what they got.

7. fzr11017

fzr11017 Member

How early do you have to arrive at Toyota Center to be the first 500 in the door?

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How about you get a job with a little more freedom.
    ;)

DD

9. alethios

alethios Member

please, pics for us out-of-staters? thanks 00rocketgirl

10. jacoby

jacoby Member

Record the entire practice with a FlipCam and post the vide here.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w-tMjd6upCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is from last year. I don't know where I put my flip cam.

I'm going to be there. I'm going to drive by there around 10AM, and see if there is a line. If not, I'm going to line up around 1045.

12. thejav

thejav Member

Ill be there..

13. RocketFan#1

RocketFan#1 Member

Red Rowdies are an embarrassment. I'm glad I don't sit near them.

2 people like this.
  14. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

your mom is an embarrassment.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're off.

1 person likes this.
  16. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Seriously, though, I know the Rowdies are a little dorky, but if you ever tag along, and just let yourself have fun, it makes the game 1000x more fun. I'd be happy to bring you sometime.

Maybe it's not for everybody, but don't knock the Rowdies, they're just a group of fans that like to have fun and be loud and obnoxious.

Better to be loud and obnoxious than Miami Heat-type fans.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I sat with you guys last year vs Orlando. It was fun. Love the confetti. I'm going to try and sneak my way in a few times. I'm sure you guys are down.

18. dianap07

dianap07 Member

do we have to do this ALL the time?! :)

19. Relentless

Relentless Member

R-r-r-repped

20. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I completely agree with emcitymisfit.

I have met so many Rockets fan friends over the past three years and have had some really unique opportunities as a Red Rowdy. The experience isn't for everyone, but there isn't a more fun way to watch the Rockets than in the Red Rowdies section. I'm hooked. Maybe it's one of those "outside looking in" things for people. I guarantee it you'll have a blast. We're all throwing confetti, high fiving, jumping, hugging and celebrating after the great plays, clutch shots, and the big wins. There's nothing like it.

I gave away 25 tickets to the last preseason game in the Red Rowdies section on twitter, and I received positive feedback from everyone who went.

- Rumor is that they'll do the dance off again at the open practice tomorrow.:) I hated that they switched to a musical chairs game for rookies last year.

- I know it's a tough day to make it out to the event since a lot of people work tomorrow. Last year, the Red Rowdies held a later tryout at a viewing party. I'm not sure that will be the case for this season, but my guess and what I'm hoping is that tomorrow may not be your only opportunity to tryout.

- if you have any questions about the Red Rowdies tryouts (what to do, what to wear, etc.) you can always DM me. I also recommend checking out Red Rowdies tryouts youtube videos for tryout ideas.

I'll be on Fox 26 in the morning promoting tryouts.