1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston we have a problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flippedfk, Dec 16, 2011.

1. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

If you start a thread in which more than half the posts are your own, odds are you are doing a bad job of explaining your point. Either that or you're just plain losing.

1 person likes this.
  2. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Not really i'm just responding. I am not afraid to defend my points.I'm losing because a bunch of homers disagree with me?

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Read through this whole thread and just have to say that I've wasted 15 minutes of my life and that I'll never get those 15 minutes back.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Please ban this fool.

5. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Yup thats what Clutch fans is all about banning people for sharing their honest opinion

6. acjeitherocket

lmao...funny guy

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

And what's the point?

No one is saying that other teams don't have players that we would like to have. Minnesota's roster is full of high lottery picks but for almost half of them Minny is their second chance (Beasley, Milicic, Randolph). Most of the others are still trying to make an impact (WJohnson, DWilliams, RRubio). Only Kevin Love has arrived.

Do we have to be THAT BAD for THAT LONG to get that kind of "roster appeal?"

On the other hand I doubt there are few NBA teams that wouldn't welcome Lowry or Martin or Scola or Patterson or Morris or CLee on their squad.

You bring a certified fantasy basketball outlook to the real NBA game and it frustrates you; the real league doesn't work that way.

8. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

My point is that the Twolves supposedly have the worst gm in basketball but they have a more talented roster.

The kings are not good but they are without a doubt in a better position then the rockets

9. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

How long until everyone on the board realizes this guy is just a troll?

The OP is a troll, and this is a troll thread. He expresses his "opinions" just because he wants to troll people. It's a cheap way to try and get people to pay attention to you.

The OP is a troll, and this is a troll thread.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes very much so, for u my good sir, one of these... 8====D~~~:eek:

11. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

what team has a brighter future twolves or rockets?
    Rockets or Hornets?
    Rockets or Kings?

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

... as a result of having high lottery picks for the last several years-- which means that they were terrible to get in that spot.

Is that what we want? That is the system in place to promote competitive balance in the league.

Re: the Kings. DCousins and Tyreke Evans were Top 3 (?) picks from the last three years. Jimmer was the #7 pick from this years draft. The rest of that roster is like any roster: full of wannabes and re-treads trying to get on track. Some will make it, some won't.

Not sure why you see them as so promising... other than Cousins.

13. embrague

embrague Member

You might not like the op but Tyreke has game

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Typical classy reaction ;)

15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Dungadoo balls!!

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thank you Clutch!

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Shows the OPs true lack of Basketball I.Q.
    He/she probably thinks we should resign Brian Cook, he is still available BTW.

18. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

This thread still going on?

[​IMG]

19. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

Look the problem isn't that you have an opinion or that you are pissing off fans/homers that want something to look forward to. The problem is you are nothing but a fan, and it's the beginning of a brand new NBA season. And as you know many of the clutchfans are already anxious, and some extremely disappointed with the Gasol trade not going through.

You making such a definitive statement will not hold any water on this board. The bottom line is the Rockets won over 50% of their games last year and have salary cap room and assets to still make improvements. We would have never had a shot at Gasol if this wasn't the case. You complaining about our future and making assumptions about terrible teams with great "future talent" means nothing. The Blazers were the team with the most "young talent" a couple years ago, as were the Magic in the mid 90's, the old Baby Bulls, and many other teams. Your eyeball test means nothing or else you would be making a ton of money in Vegas or a GM in the NBA.

So if you're going to complain and make extreme comments, wait until midway through the season when you may actually have some substance to back it up with. And one last point, statistically speaking more of the players you are referring to will never reach their potential and very few if any will exceed it. A small minority may reach their potential.

#139 tanviraman, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    2 people like this.
  20. erimanila

erimanila Member

What?

dude, flippedfk, you must not have been following our team to say that bs. Our roster has more of an upside than the cavs and the pistons. You are just high on Kyrie because he went No. 1.

go cheer for another team idiot.