1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Stern Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by flippedfk, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Houston09

Houston09 Member

David stern is the biggest idiot on earth. He is breathing air someone else could be breathing. He is bad for the game of basketball.

2. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Nene gets hurt too much? He's logged 75+ games in the past 3 season. Guys who get hurt too much are the ones you prefer over Nene, such as Bynum and Bogut. Hell, even Tyson Chandler has had injury issues. I wasn't crazy about offering Nene a boat load of money, but paired up with Gasol, that would have been a pretty good duo at the 4 and 5.

3. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Btw did you see Gortats stats on Phx once he became the starter almost 15 and 11 and over a block and a half. Lopez only averages one less rebound per game them Nene.

4. VBG

VBG Member

Pau Gasol is gonna decline soon.

5. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Bynum is injury prone but he has been dominant at time and is much more of a physical force then Nene. Bynum has star potential and is younger

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

What exactly is the Garnett way? He looked pretty freaking good last year. Garnett is 35, Pau is 31. That is a big difference in itself.

Nene wouldn't have to be the focal point of the offense. It would be hard to argue that a Gasol/Nene combo would have any less problems scoring especially given Chandler's deficiencies shooting the ball.

Both Pau and Nene are plus defenders. Amare is not.

7. Spooner

Spooner Member

So what? I could argue that Okafor is better than him and he didn't even make your list..... Gortat gets most of his points on pick and rolls while shooting a far worse efficiency. Nene became denver's best player after the Melo trade what's your point? His rebounding went up after Melo left as well.

You are missing my point. First you knock Nene for his rebounding and then tell me that Lopez is the better player. Based on what? The fact that he scores 20ppg on the Nets? Try looking at some advanced stat. Nene is so much better than Brook it isn't even close.

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

You idolize Stern, claim Gortat is better than Nene, and state that you would rather have Bynum than Gasol.

Screw this. Welcome to ignore.

9. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Sorry spooner i'm not from the Morrey school of advanced stats. I have watched many nuggets games and from what I have seen he is not elite.

10. passdarock

passdarock Member

Your logic is garbage. That is all.

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

There is a reason Gortat was given 6mil a year. He also plays with Steve Nash. There is also a reason New Jersey was in the mix for Nene. I am not saying he is a savior by any means, and although the price may be a little steep for him, that is what the market currently dictates for quality bigs. At the chance at a Gasol/Nene pairing however, I would jump on it at that price. To me, having a top 4/5 for the price greatly exceeds the team we have now, especially given the fact we would preserve our youth. At the end of the day we can just agree to disagree.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stern you promised to step down in a decade.

13. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

So whats your opinion? Let me guess you think Morey is going to take the Rockets to the top and he is making all the right moves?

Forget logic fact is that if it was up to Morey we would be building around Gasol and Nene and neither one of those guys is good enough to build a championship team around.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Who's the mini me guy?

15. TheresTheDagger

To the OP:

What exactly is the point of this thread? To stick in the face of those who wanted the trade to go through? To piss people off? What exactly?

Stern doesn't read this crap and furthermore doesn't care. Worse yet he is a disaster for a commissioner and you are too blinded by your own prejudices against the Rockets/Lakers/Hornets trade to even realize it.

Again, what is the point of this crap?

16. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

The problem is that those two players would make us better but we would still be mediocre. I agree that we would be better but we still could and would not be competing for a championship

17. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Disaster? I still enjoy the NBA and as a fan I have nothing to be upset about. Thanks to Stern we still have a season and it's not a big deal to me as a fan that were missing out on 16 games. I wanted a season and i got one. I do not like stern as a person but he is an effective gm

18. TheresTheDagger

Good. Good for you. Enjoy your WWE....errr.....NBA.

Meanwhile most intelligent fans of the NBA can see that what happened in the last week is so slimy and wrong as to defy belief. If you need me to, I can link as many article about this as you would like.

Whether you are a Rockets/Lakers fan matters not, he just set the NBA back. I won't regurgitate the reasons....they have been explained to you in other threads.

19. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

I am a rocket fan and how has he set the NBA back. We have a season and it's about to start. Bottom line is we did not lose the season and losing out on 16 games is not that big a deal

20. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure it's Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver. That, or I've made a grave error in misplacing someone's head. :(