1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summary of Rockets players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by go_rockets0203, Nov 24, 2002.

1. go_rockets0203

Steve Francis
    "Stevie Franchise, Stevie Wonder, Wink, and lots of others"

So far this year, Franchise has been the man, averaging nearly 30 ppg, about 7 rpg. and 6 apg. He is MVP calibur for sure. (maybe even finals MVP :))This summer Steve Francis signed the biggest contract in Houston Rockets history, yes it was bigger than Dreams. Francis stated that he is tired of losing and is ready to start bringing the W's.

Cuttino Mobley "Cat"

God, please trade this ballhog. He hasn't helped the Rockets much this year, and until he starts to share the ball, I dont see him helping much at all. Mobley is averaging 17.5 ppg, 3 rebs and 3 FREAKIN assists per game. Somebody help him!!!

Glen Rice

Glen started the season off very cold. But in the last 3 games we have seen a different side of him, scoring 16 in two outings against the Mavs and Wizards, then scored 25 points in the 2nd half against the Clippers (18 in 3rd). I look for Rice to keep doing better. He is shooting .410 from behind the arc. Averaged 7 ppg, and 2.5 rpg.

Mo Taylor "Mo"

He missed the first 5 games because of violating the NBA drug policy, but he has been providing since then. Even though coming off bench, he is averaging 8 ppg, and 3 rpg. This guy should be a starter, he has a great offensive game.

YAO MING "Great Wall of China"

Mr. Yao started off horribly, rockets fans were very dissappointed. But Yao would have a coming out party on the Los Angelas Lakers scored 20 points, including a big dunk with a foul with 1 minute left to seal the game. He also dropped 30 against the mavs, and grabbed 16 boards. He is now averaging about 10 ppg, and 5.5 rpg. He has just now become a starter, though he struggled against the clips as he just couldnt find his offensive game, scoring 4. He will continue to get better.

Eddie Griffin

Griffin hasnt actually been that bad this year, he is averaging 10 ppg and 7.1 rpg. But at times he has struggled bad. Hopefully he continues to get better. I think it will be a nice year for him.

Kenny Thomas

Thomas has had a few good offensive spurts, but thats about it. The Rockets will probably sign him. But lately he has been worried about proving himself all over again.

Kelvin Cato

Hasnt played much this year, thats about it.

Juaquin Hawkins "The Hawk"

I like this guy , great defensive player, but the more he plays on Rockets, the better of an offensive player he will be.

Moochie Norris

Whats his purpose? He hasnt done anything good this year.

Thats most of the main players....... We are sure to be the champs baby.

"Im tired of losing, time to start winning" ..... Francis after signing contract extension.

2. go_rockets0203

god nobody evver reply
    lol

3. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    :D:D:D:D:D

4. Shark Rocket

Shark Rocket Member

:D :D :D Nice effort man, nice effort.:p :p :)

5. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

More like ".....but the more he plays on Rockets, the worse of a defensive player he will be."

6. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

Steve Francis:

Has shown improvement over last year. Still too turnover prone and has had a bit of finishing problem, missed layups and the like. And besides the portland game has lacked the Killer Instinct, however, this will come. The passing and teamwork has been better this year.

Cuttino Mobley "Cat""

I will disagree with your comments on Cat. I think he has been hurting since the Clevland game and that is why the previous two he got lit up. Cat has not played spectacularly but there is no way we will make the playoffs with out him he scores well and has desire. Maybe when he comes back he will try and take some of Hawk's D to Heart

Glen Rice:

Your comments on Rice are pretty much right on. I think as Yao Ming gets better Rice will improve as well as will time that three is money.

Mo Taylor

Jury is still out on him in my opinion. sub 40 percent shooting sub 5 rebounds and 8 points does not get it done in my opinion. It might be rust but, PF in my opinion has been the least consistant poisition on the team in the 12 games we have played.

YAO MING "Chairman YAO"

Yao Ming has played very well and has been better then where I thought he would be. The only thing that I ask is more smiles from the big Man.

Eddie Griffin:

EG is Mr. Jekyl and Mr. Hide. Consistant 10pt, 7rb and 2blk would be awesome. EG just needs some time, I hope I am saying that about alot of the Rockets and I hope it is true, and he will get there.

Kenny Thomas:

I am not sure about KT. Again inconsistant is best here. He has potential and maybe we should trade him. Again a Rockets PF.

Kelvin Cato

Hasnt played much this year. When he did has showed fire and desire a monster on the boards. GO Kato GO.

Juaquin Hawkins "The Hawk"

Mario ELIE II! I love this guy. If he gets a better shot he could be great. He is not a stopper , might be someday, but a good defender.

Moochie Norris

FRO you have forsaken me! The most disappointing rocket so far this year. Although I do not blame the lose on him, you lose as a team, he didn't help the cause as much as he hurt it.

The others

The preimere of Boki:
    Is this what they meant by him being more NBA ready? Where is he? A few minutes is all I ask.

The Return of TMO:
    Athletic, defensive, highlight material. Great change of pace from RICE. Welcome back.

Tito:
    Bench warmer for most of the year I think but will be the end of Mooch I hope.

Collier:
    The times he has played he played pretty well.

Rudy T.
    I think he is trying to figure this team out. Maybe that is giving him a lot of slack but I am willing to do that this year. But he needs to get this team under control and playing a bit better cause right now we are tier three in the NBA and we should be tier two by the end of the year.

Two down 498 to go.

7. go_rockets0203

nice job fierguard. lol
    i tried to do it good but i guess im jjust too damn illiterate. lol
    cya