1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. cod

cod Member

I think the difference will be centered around the Lakers having to take back similiar salary and not get that huge salary relief. CP3 and a $9 million TE?, come on.

Perhaps something like this?

HOU: Pau
    LAL: CP3 + Ariza
    NOH: Odom, Scola, Dragic, TWill + picks

Martin's salary is too high if they want the move salary to be similiar in size while adding young players to the package to NO.

2. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck
    As Hornets restart trade talks, directive from NBA is to get better, younger package, to ensure long-term success, I'm told.

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Morey needs his head examined if he wants only Bynum back and trades Scola and Martin to get him. With our picks and our backup point guard. Sick in the head if we do that for Bynum. SICK IN THE HEAD!

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Absolutely not. Bynum is not great unless he "Nets" us DH12. I would do that trade in a second if I knew Dwight could be had directly after the trade but otherwise we are in a worse position than now. We have no superstars nor true all stars. Now on top of that we are overpaying Nene. We have a shot at DW through free agency with cap room but that's unlikely too.

5. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Maybe instead of Scola, it's Patterson or Montiejunas?

That would leave us out of the Nene sweepstakes.

6. cod

cod Member

If Paul signs an extension he gets less money. The same reason why Deron is choosing to opt out.

7. kphung89

kphung89 Member

rather keep kmart than scola

8. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck
    Odom/Scola/Martin would have kept Hornets solid short term, but all are late in careers. CP3 to Lakers still possible.

ZachLowe_SI Zach Lowe
    Lowry? Patterson? MT @HowardBeckNYT As Hornets restart trade talks, directive from NBA is to get better, younger package, I'm told

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

nah we keep patterson

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Why does it have to our players? Why not the Lakers who want Paul in the first place? Screw them and their deal.

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

i'm not so sure about that man.. i think he would go.. him or bud. It's the way it has to be.

12. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please not Lowry. Please not Lowry. Please not Lowry.

13. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

True, but I think I would rather have Scola at his price tag then Nene at his.

14. cujo

cujo Member

I know it's understood that a player can get traded by the team. It would be nice for Managers call up the players they may deal and let them know. Make it more personal than an "asset".

15. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I could be wrong, but i don't see L.A giving up their entire frontline to make this deal happen. That would be way to much. The thing that worries me about Bynum is his health (the rockets have been through enough seasons of Yao constantly missing games and you can be assured Bynum will miss a bunch). I love Bynum (when healthy), but getting Gasol would be a homerun.

16. kphung89

kphung89 Member

please get rid of bud! if we're stressing defense this year no way can we play him

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I was all for the previous three-team trade. But if we have to give up Ppatt or Lowry then it is going to be extremely tough for me to see that trade.

Essentially, the other trade kept us in the playoffs, while having a bright future.

18. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

LOL, Lakers have no young players.

19. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Throw away our young bucks for old ass Gasol ?? No way. Martin probably part of any deal since he wants out, nicely done Morey!

20. kphung89

kphung89 Member

if we're getting bynum instead of gasol we should only have to trade scola OR martin. i really don't believe that bynum can be the focal point of an offense either...