1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Hey get Nene if you are getting Gasol and this makes sense. Get him Morey!!!

2. OUTITAN

OUTITAN Member

Can we at least get the other Morris brother in this deal to give us some more potential at guard?

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    If rest of deal goes through as proposed, sources tell ESPN that HOU would send Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and Goran Dragic to N.O. for Gasol

If goes down like this will at least shed some light on DM's view of Kyle Lowry. CP3 effectively traded for Martin, Scola, Dragic (HOU) and Lamar Odom (LA). What, the Rockets couldn't throw something in to get CP3 and leave out the Lakers? So, clearly DM sees frontcourt as much more of an issue. Especially if it is then followed up with a strong pitch to Nene.

Also, it would keep the Rockets international player philosophy going on, which one would have to finally assume is part of the business plan.

But I'd be for that trade if draft picks are kept. And especially if Nene or like is added. Gasol + Nene is dominant frontcourt. If Morris turns into something, that's a huge and dominant SF, PF, C combo. Lowry is a above average PG and Lee is a more than serviceable SG. But they'd clearly have to focus on SG and SF position some more then.

1 person likes this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

giving up too much for a guy who we can't build around and doesn't offer much cap space.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Translated
    Heck 99 percent but everything can turn the last second

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Martin is going to free up cap space I guess. His future on this team was in doubt the moment Yao retired.

With that said, I really hope we are getting a future draft pick back from the Hornets, they are going to suck.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

yes we do. virtually we freed up some money so now we can go after NENE or Marc Gasol. Basically. And maybe other moves as well. :cool:

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

So Hornets would have Okafor, Scola, Odom, Martin, Dragic. Not bad.

10. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

If there is no pick involved, I'm perfectly okay with this.

Gasol is a professional, albeit soft at times.

11. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Terrible trade. I hope we did not just trade our two best scorers, Dragic and PICKS for Pau. Morey better make a ton of moves.

12. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

we do have excessive PG..we can always pick up a 3rd stringer from waiver or FA market.

If we could only manage to keep Martin.. I wouldn't mind throwing the NY 12 pick...
    1st round + Flynn + Scola + cash for Pau?

13. Garner

Garner Member

A. We don't know the definitive details of this trade

B. I'll take Morey's degree from MIT over a bunch of homer's with keyboards. I'm standing by Morey in this.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

As I said, Bynum for Dwight is going to happen. Bynum will be UFA any ways, so the Magic will and can be in full rebuild mode.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

this is god awful

16. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Morey sucks assess if this is true.

17. i3randon06

i3randon06 Member

From page Yahoo:

The Lakers are close to landing Chris Paul in a three-team trade that will cost them Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom.

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

**** McHale. I blame him.

19. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I hate it... please don`t happen.

Scola is a great guy, leader and player. A legit 15 and 8 threat. A guy that will motivate his team.

Martin is a legit 20, 4 guy - our only player that can create his own shot - a player that can get hot and score in bunches.

Gasol is better than the two - but he is not better than the two combined. And he is getting old. Last year he was a shadow of himself. Sure he would put up better numbers here in Houston, but he won`t lead this team to the Finals. I believe he will actually destroy any chance of rebuilding that we have - because we don`t get one piece for the future out of our 2 best assets.

This trade is for a win now mode - when "win now" means let`s get the 6th - 8th seed.

I hate it. Please don`t happen... or please let there be another piece to the puzzle...

1 person likes this.
  20. anchel

anchel Member

I dont get this trade at all... At least if gets done, Morey must have in mind to signb Nene inmediately.

Lowry - Flynn
    Lee -
    Budinger - Morris - Parsons
    Nene - Patterson - Hill
    Pau - Thabeet