1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final Lone Star Showdown

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Uprising, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Loved this win. Mainly because the Horns sent the Aggies packin to the SEC. It's always nice to win the last match up though I hope these two meet again sometime in the future.

2. Convictedstupid

What? That formation was a tribute to Texas. And then at the 45 second mark they continued to play the Aggie War Hymn.

If you listen to the speaker around that time he compliments Texas. Solid work kid.

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I really don’t care about what happened, (just making a joke out of it earlier), but what the hell do you think that was with the horns breaking off the Longhorn formation?

From the blog comments I was reading here, Longhorns' band takes halftime high road :grin: someone from your own message board said this:

"what did you think the band was doing when the top part broke off? That was a longhorn symbol... then the horns broke off. It wasn't stupid, but folks around me in the Zone Club thought it looked bad after they did a classy farewell to us. The flag they gave us was one of the ones that was used in the Bonfire Game when they bowed their flags to ours."

No need to be so sensitive.

4. updawg

updawg Member

anyone know when this will shown again on espnu or something? would like to dvr

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

That PF call had to be called, and was the right one. Will provide pics if Aggy wants proof

6. updawg

updawg Member

it was the right call, but the rules are out of control. Texas has been burned also. They need to be tweaked

7. Convictedstupid

Brb complaining about halftime bands and then calling someone else sensitive.

8. redhotrox

Aggie reading comprehension FTW. :grin:

No hard feelings and this kid hopes you had an otherwise good holiday. :)

9. Convictedstupid

Yes. Posting 2 pictures of the longhorn band saying us losing was karma at its finest was a hilarious joke.

10. redhotrox

Haha, I laughed at my own goof too when you pointed it out! Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving. :)

11. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

The whole band thing is r****ded.

I was laughing at the Aggies that were clapping for the Texas band like they were doing something for us. It was a totally contrived and meaningless PR move by Dodds and Texas and it worked like a charm. You have to admit that the Texas PR team runs circles arpund the A&M PR team.

And yes, A&M did saw em off just like they should have.

12. The Bird

The Bird Member

I felt like it could've been a no call and that would have been fine. The UT player shoved A&M's player in the end so if anything I think it could've been a no call.
    [​IMG]

13. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Can't wait to hear John Lopez's excuse for the Aggie lost...oh wait no one listens to Sports 610 any more. LOL!

1 person likes this.
  14. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

KA-CHINGO

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hate that leading with the helmet rule, but that is the right call the A&M guy leads with his helmet and hits the UT reciever in the helmet.

I wish we would just go back to calling spearing.....

DD

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Wait. The band's half-time performance is part of the master plan for Longhorn domination? Or is it that the Longhorn Band committed some form of mind jujitsu by providing a classy halftime show?

Poor paranoid agroids.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

it is both. bwhahahaha!

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Wow. This has to be one of the most pathetic posts I've ever seen.

Really...this is sad.

19. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Yes he bands halftime show was PR ... It was an unimportant fake gesture for the public. UT showed its true colors throughout the entire ordeal

20. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

True colors? You mean by beating the ags and putting together a classy halftime show?

Also. this supposed "unimportant fake gesture" has you opining on it as if it is significant.

I guess this is what happens when aggy misery and aggy logic collide.