1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#13 Houston vs UAB

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Nov 1, 2011.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

To go undefeated through SMU, Tulsa, and S. Mississippi will be difficult. If they do then they are BCS worthy for sure. Just imagine if UH had a reliable defense, they could beat anybody in the nation. The problem is no matter how many points they score, the other team can catch up, especially the three teams mentioned above.

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...As for UAB, they should have no problem:

UH: 49

UAB: 35

3. Nook

Nook Member

Then you would be wrong. UH is the best college football team in the state of Texas this season.

4. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

It would doubtless be a close game, but if I had a million I would bet it on the Coogs (though admittedly this year is the only one in the last decade I would). Here is why. Our rush offense is borderline irrelevant, we have 3 backs good enough to keep defenses honest and break off the occasional long gainer, that is all they are asked to do and they do it well.

Our OVERALL offense is #1....we are a legit high powered offense and we saw what the UT defense does against a legit high powered offense (both Oklahoma schools).

I am sure your pass defense would be the best we have seen, but I think we score 7 more often than not. Your running backs would be able to gash us right up the gut, but we would stack the box and make your awful quarterbacks beat us to what extent we could.

Probably be a 1 score or 10 point game, and the Cougars would win that game.

If it causes you anal soreness to think that "Cougar High" DARES think of itself as able to beat mighty 5-2 Texas who's marquee win was over a down year BYU team...then you should hope they schedule us so we can settle it on the field.

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

What is UH's Marquee win? They have the 107th or so SOS. and UT is in the middle teens. The comparison of stats across the board is completely off the mark based on the quality of opponents. UH has 0 wins against ranked teams and both UTs loses came from top 5 teams. I don't know who would win but there is little statistical evidence to say that UH would have an advantage. Texas also has the 7th best pass defense and 17th best rushing attack. That includes a game against the OSU which is the nation's 4th best passing attack and 2nd highest in points.

UH moves quick. Their games have a higher than average number of plays called on both sides of the ball. The weakness for a team like that is playing against a strong running game that can burn the clock. The best rushing attack UH has had is 37th in the country and most of the teams have horrible rushing games. That being said, if UH got off to a quick start and an early lead, maybe UT gives up the run and moves to a weaker passing game. I don't know. It's a wash any way you look at it.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

UT fans trolling a UH game thread.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

1 person likes this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Indeed, they mad.

But back on topic, how 'bout them fighting UAB trogdors?

[​IMG]

8. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Sorry I honestly thought it was the realignment thread. I don't want to distract from the team. Both of my posts in this thread were in regards to UT as it was brought up by another poster. At that point, I don't feel like I'm a troll when the subject matter veers away from UH. I'll refrain from posts that are not UH specific.

9. LetsPartyBud

LetsPartyBud Member

This game was over before the Rice game started. Coogs win 77-24 Keenum throws for 500+ 5 TDs, Coogs move to 11 and get that much closer to cracking the top 10. Suck on that Ann Richards

10. plates300

plates300 Member

I'm a big UH fan but I really doubt they crack the top 10. There are some 1 loss teams out there that should be ranked ahead of UH when you factor in schedule. However, if UH happens to be ranked higher than what they are, I'm not complaining.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Running the table will mean beating a very tough Tulsa team on the road and a (currently) #25 Southern Miss team in the CUSA championship game. Top ten is definitely not out of the question.

I predict we take Arkansas spot in the top ten. They still have to play #9 South Carolina this week and LSU on the road. No way they stay a 1 loss team.

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

No way that's a real game!!! The home team should lose their football team.

13. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Is that at UAB?

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Have you seen the time of possession for the Cougars the last two games? 63 points with about 16 minutes and 73 points with about 21 minutes. They have scored more TDs on drives less than three minutes than they have on drives more than three minutes (I think that is still the case). Ball control from their opponent won't hurt. A really good defense would.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yep. And it's not just the last two games. It's the entire year. 2nd largest TOP deficit in the country, behind only Oregon. It's not about "controlling the clock" on offense, it's about stopping us when we have the ball.

1 person likes this.
  16. LetsPartyBud

LetsPartyBud Member

Coogs sit at 13th right now. 9vs. 7 play each other today so that's at least one spot in the top 10 that's for sure opening up. Realistically I'm not sure the Coogs crack top 10 this week, but if/when they finish defeated no doubt in my mind they're in

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Couple of minutes from kickoff, that is a ridiculously empty stadium.

18. AFS

AFS Member

Yeah, the stadium is pretty empty still. Also, sloppy job protecting the ball by Hayes. Unfortunate mistake, but UH was moving the ball well so I'm not worried.

19. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I tried to watch UH game on firstrowsports.tv but its not working? How can I watch it? Thanks.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

What channel is the game on?