1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas judge Caught on Tape Abusing Child

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by shastarocket, Nov 1, 2011.

1. The Real Shady

2. Nook

Nook Member

I hope she enjoys paying for her own mercedes and working at a video game part time... won't be long before she is crawling back.

As for the Judge... you enabled her for too long and exercised a lack of self control.

The only good news is that no criminal charges were filed.

3. jank1434

jank1434 Member

And that's why you always leave a note.

--J. Walter Weatherman

It's sad though, really.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Why are you people such perverts?

5. joesr

joesr Member

6. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Probably because you suck at serious talks. If you are half the role model you purport yourself to be in your mind, and want you kid to think you are, then showing them how to properly command respect, without force or undue duress, should be more important to you than laughing at those on here with less parental sensibility than yourself.

Lazy parenting, no f**k it, irresponsible parenting. Respect commands itself.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe this will be her 'Kim K sex Tape'
    Her gateway to fame and fortune!

Rocket River

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Cougar Mom looks ready to support her if need be. Also, she's cute enough that she can probably snag a husband in fairly short order. The car and video game stuff is interesting context, but always a nice copout for neglectful parents. Some young adults don't understand that having self-reliance or at least a function and purpose beyond your parents' approval is so much more freeing than all the drugs and sex in the world.

9. Nook

Nook Member

I agree.. and it is a two way street, often parents give into their childrens every whim because it is easier... and the children learn to manipulate to get what they want... but ultimately the children are screwed as adults and society pays the price..

Beating your child senseless is not the answer (consequences be damned) .... but neither is the neutering and wussification of our children in this country... "timeouts" and "please" and "lets talk" only go so far as well...

The video displayed everything full circle... the overbearing father that lacks self control so he lashes out with uncontrolled violence (controlled violence is VERY effective) and the spoiled, lazy, unmotivated self entitled daughter that is on her way to loserville.

10. Nero

Nero Member

Are you a parent?

11. The Real Shady

This is how the Casey Anthony verdict should have played out. Would have been hot.

12. Cesar^Geronimo

I am a parent and I also work in a crisis shelter for kids in danger of abuse.

and I am 100% completely against "spanking". There are other, better ways, to enforce discipline that are just as affective (though may require a little more work on the parents part).

We should never touch a child in anger -- and as humans it is hard for us to draw that line. Once you give yourself permission to hit a child, fora nany reason, it becomes easier for you to make the wrong, impulsive, choice when you are upset.

1 person likes this.
  13. juicystream

juicystream Member

Effectiveness of any method differs from child to child. I think spanking is effective with some, and ineffective with others. It isn't a matter of laziness. When my son gets a spanking, he also gets a talk about what he did wrong, why he shouldn't, and what punishment he faces should he continue the bad behavior. Obviously working in a crisis shelter, where kids may have been abused, it is vital to avoid spanking, since the kids have suffered psychological damage from the abuse.

At the end of the day, if your child is a good person, hard working, and you all love and respect each other, than you have done your job as a parent. I think most people will do well as parents if they love their child, and are willing to adapt to their personality.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Why are you guys even arguing about spanking? What this guy did wasn't spanking, he whipped the **** out of her while taunting her with F-bombs. When she was 16-years old.

That's a little different than swatting your 8-year old on the ass when he misbehaves.

15. juicystream

juicystream Member

I don't think we are arguing whether or not what he did was wrong anymore. I think the board has generally expressed their view on what he did being wrong.

The judge needs anger management, and the family needs some mediation/therapy.

16. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Member

Talk about a teenage drama queen.

Unfortunately, this is quite common in rural parts of the US.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

because these people are ****ing idiots.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I just watched this video for the first time. What a piece of s**t. My dad went off the handle a few too many times with me, so I can sympathize with the fear, shame, and pain that girl had to deal with. But I get the feeling she had to deal with that an almost weekly, if not daily basis. What a sick f**k.

Also, I believe, whole heartedly, that the mother was attempting to protect her by stepping in and choosing to whip/punish her instead. She knew that her daughter would be more likely to obey her, and that her lashings would not hurt nearly as much.

#278 DonnyMost, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Judge is suspended with pay.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Texas-top-court-suspends-judge-in-beating-video-2283426.php

20. heypartner

heypartner Member

Haven't read through this thread completely, but do we know who took the video and why. and 7 years later it surfaces.

so weird.