1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A question to democrat thinking people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Fatty FatBastard, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Fatty FatBastard

I know I'm new here, and I respect everyone's opinion, but I consider myself a "moderate." I'm from Alaska, so I'm against the grain on that end, but we all got along.

I got an oil job in Texas and was happy to be here. But then I saw the stuff here. I'm not sure I follow why you move to Texas only to talk badly about jobs.

I've been in areas where men have lost jobs in the thousands when the job is finished.

I send this with some apprehension. But I love that Houston got me a job. And other people have moved here also.

Is this a racist awful town? I dont get the reasons. Everything here isn't what I saw before I moved here.

2. Fatty FatBastard

I have connections. And I mean that in the most harmless way.

What I want to see is dems ond rebubs getting together.

I think the only way to do this would be a few; somewhere.

I'm good with anything, choices?

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This is a very liberal forum and Texas represents a huge threat to liberal thinking. Tons of jobs being created (more than the rest of the country combined) and balanced budgets being produced every year with one of the most conservative legislatures in the US running things. Therefore, it gets tons of backlash by the libs on the board in the form of 'thinkprogress' and TPM articles.

Why do people always support bipartisanship? People complain that they only have two choices (Dem/Rep) and then demand bipartisanship. That's illogical. I don't vote a politician in office so he can give up half his ideals to get half. I expect politicians I vote for to win the verbal debates and never give in to anything that goes against the principals they campaign on. Bipartisanship would be the opposite of that. bipartisan compromises usually lead to crap (with a few exceptions) such as:

Three-fifths compromise
    Missouri compromise
    Compromise of 1850

#3 tallanvor, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

When you are actually here, Houston is a very civil town. Over here on the Westside, where the corporate offices of the oil companies are, it's like Ellis Island in the 30's. I can go to the grocery store and see (and identify) people from every part of the world: Asians, Africans Hispanics, Norwegians and English, Sikhs.... in just one trip to the store. Heck, go to Fry's Electronics and it's an International bazaar. And everyone seems to be quite civil courteous and cooperative .

The jerks are usually just impotent cowards unless they are shielded behind their anonymity. Come on down! Just leave your Jewel records at home.

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Maybe I just misinterpret things, I don't think I've really seen anyone on this board slam the city of Houston. They may attack Perry, or maybe even some of the policies of Texas, but not Houston, or not really Texas itself for that matter.

Either way, I do wish I could head back there.:(

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The D&D leans waaaaay left vs. the rest of Texas. Remember the demographic that posts here -- mostly basketball fans, which are typically the younger, non-white set -- both of which lean left

So, ignore the fools that post on here -- they're a bunch of frustrated ninnies

1 person likes this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

hi fatty, how are you doing my friend?

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, I was thinking he needed a better handle than that, something more subtle and less tied to his stated past. And this faux posting style, at drunk:43 a.m.... oy.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas all voted democratic in the last election. This city has a gay female mayor.Most all the small towns in this state vote republican. All the big cities vote democrat.

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

this made me giggle

11. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

All you need to know is that most Rockets fans are Commie psychopaths.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Other than the Communist reference in your post, I think if you apply the common descriptors of a socio or psychopath to Clutchfans posters, you would find that your characterization is much more indicative of the mindset as espoused by you and your brethren.

Traits that sociopaths and psychopaths share include:

• a disregard for the rights of others
    • a failure to feel remorse or guilt
    • a disregard for laws and social mores
    • a tendency to display violent behavior and emotional outbursts

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well, we can certainly see who the most gullible posters in forum are... telling.

14. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I don't see why your question is addressed to "democrat thinking people," and I don't see what the situation you outlined has to do with racism.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Probably based on the postings of a few he has seen on this site...

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Holy McWow on the handle change; that's hand of God if I've ever seen it.

17. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I'm so confused. Fatty's unbanned?

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly... Old white folks scare democrats. (As they should everyone...)
    :grin:

(It's tough to be part of a group that is consistently ignorant and prejudiced towards a group of people, homosexuals.)

A genetics class, an anthropology class. ANYTHING! PLEASE!!!

19. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Welcome back FFB. It's been a long summer.

20. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

His green feedback icon is gone. Is it really possible he got banned again, this quickly? How? Son, I am confuse.