1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV]The X-Factor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ascaptjack, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Prince

Prince Member

yeah, she's in it to win it....

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

It's almost unfathomable how bad Paula f--ked this category up. Four Shore and and The Anser definitely should be in over the Brewer Boys (?!) and one of the reject groups.

3. dianap07

dianap07 Member

awwwww why can't yall support our houston boys "stereo hoggz"?? plus i do believe 2 or 3 other girls from houston are in the top 17 as well.

my fave is melanie and i love dexter haha given the right song, i think he can do a great job.

melanie will win.

i can stand josh...i think that's his name. it sounds like he gargles knives when he's singing and tries to hit the big notes. not a fan of his style.

4. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I second this...I love that freakin' chick!

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Funny you say boys, seeing as it's one dude and his mime backup dancers...

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Very true.

Kind of the exact opposite with 4Sure (or however it's spelled) where Paula's "gripe" with them was her inability to pinpoint a lead singer due to all four of them being able to sing and harmonize so well.

Uh, give me the group with four great singers over the group with one.

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

that was a case of paula picking the group of five who were better looking that the group of four

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Astro killed it with the old school just now. That was a fun listen.

9. dianap07

dianap07 Member

i really liked it too! seems the judges loved stereo hogzz as well!

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Finally the Brewer Boys are gone. Was really starting to wonder about this show, with those two sticking around.

At least they definitely know where their bread is buttered, saving the girls for last.

11. what

what Member

I knew dexter was going to kill it.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Nicole is doing wonders with him. She needs to be his producer because she is making him extremely cool.

12. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Drew is great but man she needs to stop smiling so much. she has a terrible smile.

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I gotta be perfectly honest... I was totally against Astro, but ever since LA Reid has actually gotten a hand on him, he's been outstanding. That song choice was absolutely perfect, and the dude has skills.

With that being said, I'm the complete opposite when it comes to Chris Rene. I felt like he had a legitimate shot to win it all after his first audition, but now, I would have taken Phillip over him (even with that completely pathetic song choice for Phillip).

Every other category went pretty much exactly how I would have chosen them. I'm so glad Simon didn't fall into the trap of hanging on to Tiah...

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

As long as they allow him the lyrical freedom he needs, he'll be a strong contestant.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Di8BuJOxDZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

No wonder Simon picked Simone and Tiah, he wanted an easy path for the 3 girls he picked and didn't want someone to outperform them.

Stereo Hoggz, representing Houston, killed it

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Ya, that Stereo Hogzz performance was good. They are definitely the only group that actually has a chance to win it, in my opinion.

17. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

The tall guy from Stero Hogz looks like former LA Clipper Darius Miles

18. Prince

Prince Member

talent + confidence + creativity

19. Prince

Prince Member

I don't know Simon anymore...

20. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

It was funny watching the host try to manage time. After a performance, where the judges would give feedback, they would show Paula who just got emotional and is about to lay out some sentimental critique, after 2 words the host would be like "Ok shut the hell up, Simon..let's make it quick". Simon would be like "That..was..gr..." host cuts its in "Yea whatever we're pressed for time...here's Astrooooooo"