1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if season is lost will you still watch the NBA?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SunsRocketsfan, Oct 11, 2011.

?

Will you still watch the NBA when the lockout ends?

1. Screw the NBA! I'm done

7.5%
  2. I love the NBA and will always be a fan

61.2%
  3. I'll still watch some games but care less

27.9%
  4. I'm a YOF and stopped caring already when Yao retired

3.4%
  1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Lots of people on the board said they were done during the '98-99 lockout. One Pippen trade later they all came right back. NBA is a freaking drug for us and we all know it.

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Ill be back when Stern dies.

3. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

AMEN TO THIS!

4. amazinghappens

I will still watch, I enjoy some of the match ups. I don't care much for the rockets though.

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

I know NFL is king in America and that people love hating on multi-millionares and billionares. That being said, I love the NBA game. I'll come back to it when they figure out their sissy fit and hopefully Stern stops being a jerk.

NBA and Rockets fan first, over any other sport.

6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Yes. Absolutely. I love the game too much to stop watching altogether. I know that I should probably be outraged at the two sides for dragging us through the lockout, but I won't be able to stay away.

7. SunsRocketsfan

Looks like losing the whole season might be a very real possibility now. If I could I almost want to change my vote from Losing interest to screw the NBA. Definitely very dissapointing that they spent 3 whole days of negotiating and still got no where. Players are greedy, owners are greedy, and fans and other employees of the NBA lose. Also all the mom and pop shops, bars, sport stores, restraunts around the stadium are all going to be hurting cause these bastards are too greedy.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I will watch it, but I won't miss it while it is gone.....just move on to other things until they get it worked out.

DD

9. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Yeah, I'll still follow it. I'm a fan for life despite all the crap.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've been progressively getting disinterested with the NBA long before the lockout. refs, stern, and many more.

This potentially season-long lockout will only get me used to life without much NBA. I'm still a fan of the Rockets, but not so much NBA basketball as a brand.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Kind of how I feel, until the playoffs where clearly the players care.

DD

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

In 99 it was. When football was about to lockout and people would ask this question I'd say hell yes I am going to watch football.

NBA.... maybe its the state of the Rockets. But I don't know... the appeal is gone. It's lost something. The magic is gone. If the season started as planned I honestly wouldn't be into it much.

Ya lost me Stern, ya lost me.

13. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

The only positive I see from missing an entire year is Lebron going at least 1 more year without a championship.

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Stern is the grim reaper.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Been saying it, too. If the NBA were to maintain its lockout to 2-3 years (reaching hypothetically) the thought of those wasted years for LerBon is enough to sooth me. Though I would feel a bit bad for the older guys who have 1-2 years left but are with championship contention teams.