1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How will cancellation of season effect our '12 draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by E.Recasner, Oct 11, 2011.

1. E.Recasner

E.Recasner Member

Don't wanna jump ahead, but if they completely cancel the season the Rockets will be drafting 14, 17. And i wanted to know your opionions on this if this were to happen.

I think if there would have been a season the Knicks would not be as good as last year, thus getting us a pick maybe 4-5 spots lower. and I think if we tank we could be in the 7-10 range.If we tanked. I think this cancellation really screwed us the most.

Clippers would get the number 1 overall!!! as if they dont have a nice pile of youngsters already. Could you imagine a starting five of Bledsoe,Gordon,Barnes,Griffin,Jordan. and if they hadnt given away Irving for cap space that would be scarey. but knowing the clippers they would trade that pick for the rights to Vlade Divac present day.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All I know is that we need to trade whatever we can for Andre Drummond.

3. Marcus Morris
    4. Patrick Patterson
    5. Andre Drummond

The dynasty begins...

(Start Thabeet and tank...)

3. E.Recasner

E.Recasner Member

Id be ok with him or Harrison Barnes...Drummond reminds me of Garrnett straight up...Barnes is a better shooting Pierce IMO.

4. E.Recasner

E.Recasner Member

I didnt mean better shooting, I meant better scoring. Sorry

5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Yeah Barnes has superstar written all over him too...

Basically, we need to tank, or we need the Knicks to get injured and tank for us...

6. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

Why would the clippers pick first? You do realise they landed that pick through the lottery from 9th spot.

In reality though, the draft order would probally be completely different to last years - i think people have mentioned a system where recent preformance - e.g. the previous 5 year(s) records, are factored into the overall placement. Under such a system, the Knick's pick should become far more desirable.

7. Raven

Raven Member

You have no way of knowing if the same draft order would be repeated. I can easily see the league doing a completely random lottery in order to revive fan interest, or maybe give each team the same number of ping pong balls they had last time, but I'm highly skeptical that we'd see a simple repeat of the 2011 draft order.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Maybe every team has the same amount of ping pong balls.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They better not.

I can already see The Lakers getting the number 2 pick...Knicks getting the 2nd.

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

hell no.

I would prefer for them to skip the entire draft, then to have good teams end up with potential high picks. This draft is loaded with immense talent, can't have the top players in this draft (Barnes, Davis and Drummond) end up with the Lakers, Celtics or Heat.

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

If the Rockets have a shot at getting a franchise player, the risk might be worth it!

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I actually wouldn't mind if the draft was canceled.

Doesn't that just mean the '12 draft talent pool would be added to the '13 talent pool?

So if that was the case even if we ended with a late pick, say 14th, it could potentially mean the 6th or 7th pick of the '12 or '13 draft individually.

13. AFS

AFS Member

If it was equal balls for everyone, wouldn't that put us at an advantage since we own the Knicks' pick as well?

14. Prince

Prince Member

In before Swoly makes a grammar correction..

15. E.Recasner

E.Recasner Member

Giving everyone the same amount of ping pong balls doesnt help us. It actually hurts our odds much more of landing anyone early. Plus after the frozen envelope incident i dont trust the NBA draft.

If they do the order according to the past 5 seasons ill be ok with that, but im sure Cleveland will crap their pants. I never hoped the Rockets would tank as much as I do know. I can clearly see this years draft being as star heavy as the year Lebron came out.

1 person likes this.
  16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Season is canceled, not the draft, sir. :eek:

DARN IT! :mad: Why do you give away the ending? :p

You had it right, sir. It's "AFFECT", not "effect." Use "effect" when it is a result of something being "affected."

17. Prince

Prince Member

it was probably just a typo... or fat-fingered if it was you-know-who.. ;)

1 person likes this.
  18. da_juice

da_juice Member

All it takes is one injury to Amar'e, and the Knicks go from borderline contender, to ballhog + bench players.

19. Raven

Raven Member

Great Scott!

:eek:

20. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

It's a top protected pick I think.