1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 11/15/2002

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Game Information and Rockets History vs. Suns
    http://www.clutchcity.net/nextgame.cfm?NextGameID=303

Game Chat Starts At 9:30pm
    http://www.clutchcity.net/chat.cfm

ClutchCity.net Previous Recap: Rockets 86, Blazers 83
    http://www.clutchcity.net/game.cfm?gameID=302

<B>Note:</B> It's tougher to find audio links online since the NBA has cracked down on radio stations playing the games on the web, but if there are good radio links for the game, please let me know and I will post them on the front page.

2. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

The Suns barely got by Denver. We won't have Cato again. But we will have more time for KT, MT and Rice to have shaken the rust off. Hopefully Rice and MT will bring their shots...

Looks like Yao will get more time. MT will probably see a fair amount of 5. We should be OK with EG, KT, MT, Rice, Yao Ming and Hawkins.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope Ming gets more time tonight. If Rudy is holding him back because he worries about NBA level centers making him look bad, then that is no reason to keep him out tonight. Jake Tsakalidis is no real offensive threat, so I hope to see Ming get around 30 minutes.

#3 RunninRaven, Nov 14, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2002
  4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I just know that Dan Langhi is going to go off for 30 points against us...

5. ckrdkjr

ckrdkjr Member

you really think langhi can score 30 in 5-8 minutes

6. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Don't forget that Ming just got done doing a whirlwind basketball marathon playing in the worlds and the asian games and he was his team's best player and played almost the entire game every night. He is just a rookie. Rudy is playing him sparingly so he doesn't feel too much pressure and so he can rest up while watching how rudy wants him to play. Before the end of the season you will see his minutes grow considerably. Have faith in old Rudy, he knows what he is doing. Look at Griff. Dude can barely buy beer and already he is making a good contribution. Last year everyone was like "EG is such a bust" and the dude was 19 years old. They thought that Jefferson was a lost treasure and that we miffed it up. Have some patience. These guys are extremely talented, they are just young and unexperienced. I imagine rudy is going to let Yao work off his own success so he isn't nervous. After the last game I imagine he will get twenty minutes. We will see.

7. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

http://www.620ktar.com/streaming/index.aspx

There is a note on the bottom of the page saying that they can't provide Suns game because of NBA radio copyright laws, but Phoenix fans say that it indeed provides coverage during games as well. Hope this helps some of you for tomorrow's game!

#7 ron413, Nov 14, 2002
  8. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

I got The Rocks winnin this one 2. Should be a good game but we should win by 7 or 8.

marbury vs. francis is the matchup to watch.

2nd is griffin and stodemire.

3rd, if he plays, Ming vs. Tsakalidis

Rocks 96
    Suns 89

{Question, ya'll think boki will get any minutes at all this season? I really like his game and really wanna see what he can do w/ some time on the floor}

9. ckrdkjr

ckrdkjr Member

boki might trade places with t-mo on the il

10. shuttle

shuttle Member

Is he still hurt?? I haven't heard much about him.

11. xcharged

xcharged Member

Don't forget about this guy Amare Stoudemire. He's the kinda guy that can change the game. Hope the defensive effort is there again this game.

Defense fuels Offense

12. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

We are going to win this game easily. The Suns aren't playing very good and we just came off of a huge win. I think that we will win by 15.

13. jlaw

jlaw Member

Rox 104
    Suns 84

14. aries323

aries323 Member

We've got to show up and play them with our "A" game otherwise, we lose. The Suns are loaded. Marbury, Matrix, Googs, Hardaway, Amare, JoeJohnson, the list goes on and on. My point is that they match up against us well, and if they play well and we play mediocre... we get crushed. I think Rockets come to play and win by 7. Rockets 92
    Phoenix 85:D

15. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

This type of game always scares me with the Rockets.

Here is a game that the Rockets should win, at least by double digits. The Rockets just got a huge win over a playoff team. They played truly professional basketball, with good defense, and disciplined offense. Now I want to see if they can play with the same professionalism against a clearly inferior team.

In the 2000-01 season, the Rockets missed the playoffs because they lost nine games against sub-500 teams. That can't happen again. The Rockets must play above their competition.

This is a perfect opportunity to see whether the Rockets have really matured.

Rockets: 105
    Suns: 90

16. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

MoT 33 points 14 rebounds
    Eddie 7 blocks
    Ming gets posterized by "the Matrix"
    but we pull out the victory 89-82

17. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Whoa! Now who's on pot? MoT hopefully will shoot better but 33 points? I think he may play the 5 spot like two years ago but now we have EG for that as well.

18. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

It will be interesting to see if the Rockets can beat a team with at least a .500 record for the first time this season (previously lost to seattle and indiana).

19. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

those pot references used whenever Maurice's name is mentioned is very tired.

the stats above are hopeful predictions and unless you are related to Mrs. Cleo ,calm down and wait for the game to come to a conclusion before you post mean things. I have feelings you know.

#19 FLAGRANT1, Nov 14, 2002
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Again with Cato out it will be interesting to see what the Rockets do at Center. Collier starting the last game and only playing 5 minutes was a joke. Why even start him much less play him if he can only give you five minutes? Wonder if Rudy will do that again against the Suns. Start Ming or Taylor instead!!!

The Suns have Tsakalides at center but I am sure they will play Outlaw and Stoudamire some at the center spot as well. I am sure we will see plenty of Griffin and Taylor at center but I also hope Ming gets some solid minutes as well.

The Marbury and Francis dual should be a good one though. It will be interesting to see how well Hawkins/Thomas do defensively on Marion. Hopefully they can keep him off of the boards.

Chris