1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battlefield 3 - COD killer?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rezdawg, Mar 2, 2011.

1. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I'm counting on this to weedout all the little add generation kids. Besides, you can always choose not to play the vehicle-centric maps.

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

Hope so...I'll be able to give a more thorough opinion on what I think later after I get home from work and can really sink my teeth into it. I have it on both PS3 and Xbox. The gameplay is really what I'm most curious about anyways to be perfectly honest with you. I'm looking for something balanced between the rush of being able to run and gun on COD and the realism of the previous Battlefield installments that left me impressed on many levels albiet starving for just a little more consistent action.

3. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

The map in the beta is terrible.

4. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Finally downloading the BETA. What's the consensus so far?

5. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

fun fun fun fun. we so excited.

6. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Two games into the beta I experienced a very annoying glitch.. at the beginning of the 1st game i unlocked m16a3, and used it in 2nd game. By the time the 3rd game came, it was gone? :confused::confused: Also, some weird scope has been put on my sniper rifle, almost like an acog scope, and the original is gone.

7. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

You can't use american made rifle m16a over to the russian side anymore. You have to play their version as well as their perks I believe. Now we know why its going to take a yr to lvl up to the max.

played it on the ps3 and I must say the gameplay is 2/3 bf2 and the rest a little cod and bfbc. Something to get use to. The graphics is worst than bfbc2 but I know its just a beta where they dumb it down so no biggy.

I'm glad you don't have to waste half a clip to kill someone like bfbc2 because I have a bad habit of reloading only to find myself kill. Feels more bf2ish right there.

Does anyone know if we can turn on and off the flash and laser lights?

All and all I love it. Wish I can experience it on the pc level. Time for a next gen console.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn. Fun game.

I'm level 18 now.

Caspian Border is amazing. You better where a condom when you play that map.

The whole time I was :eek::grin::eek:.

Game gets way addictive the more you unlock stuff. I also think they may have used this smaller infantry oriented map to show off how much they have improved the infantry battle. That was a sore spot in BF2.

Really hope they open up Caspian Border to everyone soon in the beta, so you don't have to use the password to join the full servers.

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Yeah, you can.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Badass game, but the lag was ridiculous.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yes. On PC it's T.

On consoles I think it's the ^ on the D pad, as in the up arrow.

1 person likes this.
  12. KMC1499

KMC1499 Member

I must have missed something I thought beta meant "not the finished product". Not sure you can compare bf3 and mw3 at this point.

13. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

Hey on the pc beta, when I sprint, I tend to curve to the left be default, is anyone getting that problem?

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This game is fun. Everything that was wrong with Bad Company 2 was fixed in this game. It no longer feels barren and desolate, its pretty crowded. In a sense, the debris fills in all the empty space around you.

The only negative would be the ease of camping in this game.

15. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Can't wait to play wall e:grin:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XEtJmRx4JU0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What's everybody kits and customize perks?

I'm still using the aks74u and m4 with no scope when defending along with sprint and the glock pistol. Don't want to give my position away with scope glaring in the sunlight. I'll attach it when i'm attacking though.

Where are all the support players?

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Depends on your preference. My friends who are COD kids, or generation ADD like someone said, absolutely love the map. No running around to get to the action, always someone to shoot. The older generation BFers call it a "meat grinder". Personally I'm ok with either play style depending on my mood. Caspian Border seems to have appeased most vets, in the end the game will cater to all styles and preferences.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w9I7JQ6gKZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brief video I took of the bugs on the 360 version. This was after playing for maybe 5 minutes, and attempting to play for another 10-15. It's pretty bad..

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is buggy, I got a lot of clipping etc.....and ended up upside down on my back snaking around the world, could not get up....Good times !

DD

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

So you're telling me a beta has bugs? Get out.

20. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

That's what Beta testing is for.