1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV]Community Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Sep 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Class is back in session, who's watching?

2. liljojo

liljojo Member

I am. Great so far. Here's hoping this season is better than last.

But I'm actually just killing time till Parks and Rec.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I am! I hope there is less silly more funny. I'm hopping for some character development too; with all the craziness going on, they can shoehorn something in to give us a little explanation why they are who the are.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Getting a little sick of Jeff vs Pierce. They need to refocus the show off that rivalry. More Abed wackiness, and Annie/Brita near makeup sessions.

5. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

This show sucks

Big bang theory ftw

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Big Bang Theory sucks

Community is 10x better than that overrated show.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I refuse to watch a comedy with a laugh track unless its made before 1998.

8. Relentless

Relentless Member

Wow. Same here bro.

In the opening of tonights show, a little glimpse of Alison Brie panties/booty.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I think that was partly the point of tonight's episode. It got Jeff to sympathize with Pierce's desire to get back in the group. And now everybody is back in the group and Chang has a job so everything is kind of back to normal. This episode was somewhat like a reset button.

10. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Community is not the best show on television. It is not even the funniest show on NBC Thursdays, and can even slip to 3rd when Tina Fey and her writers are on point.

But I'll be damned if it isn't the show that I look forward to the most, the show I watch the most repeats of, and the show I'm going to miss the most when it's gone. It's amazing to watch what they put out on a weekly basis, some of it works, some of it doesn't, but it's always interesting, and you're going to get great acting and writers who know how to craft consistent, engaging characters.

I know it's NBC, and I know that even Chuck managed to get 5 seasons, but I'm really finding it hard to see how Community manages to get everyone to graduation. The show draws less than 4M per episode on Thursdays! Even Chuck pulled around 5M. The amount of cancellation jokes in the season premiere reminded me of the final season of Arrested Development.

"It's going to be the same...only we have no money"

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/GPVGcErEXzYr7EXkofKA8Q"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/GPVGcErEXzYr7EXkofKA8Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

"We're gonna stay and hold hands in a brand new land far away from the borderline / We're going to seem like a mainstream dream / And be appealing to all mankind"

"We're gonna have more fun and be less weird than the first two years combined / And we're gonna live forever / And we're gonna sleep together"

Not to mention it's an overt Glee parody; a show that Community has been happy to lambast for it's puzzling popularity.

You know, I was always wondering how Dan Harmon and crew planned to take the plot past the time that everyone graduated; I must admit that after I saw the first few episodes, Community to me was like Cougar Town to Abed (six seasons and a movie!). Now I guess it will be the perfect stopping point when NBC renews next year for 13 episodes; we might get a fantastic finale, at the perfect narrative conclusion.

As for the actual show; awesome shout out to 2001; John Goodman is a natural as a foe for Dean Pelton, and do they make Paintball shotguns?

Cause Omar coming yo!

11. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Bahahahahahahahahha. Big Bang Theory is the worst comedy on television next to Two and a Half Men. CBS is just a horrible network all around. I think I hate every single show that has aired on that network in the last 20 years.

I'm very happy to have Community and Parks and Rec back on TV. I love that Abed's new television obsession is essentially Doctor Who.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

viewed several times and in slow mo -- oh how i love alison brie

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

You guys realize that BBT is filmed before a live television audience, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULHHQiFfK9o

Evidenced at the 8:06 - 8:12 marks, 8:16 - 8:20, and 9:01 - 9:08.

In my opinion, TBBT is better than Community, but Community is a great comedy as well. Troy and Abed = :grin:

Not sure why everyone hates on TBBT in this particular thread.

15. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

I watch both... but man Community is millions of miles ahead of TBBT... in fact Community is my absolute most favorite show on TV and last season started to creep up behind Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm as one of my favorite comedies of all time.

It sucks that its lack of being a "traditional sitcom" - which I love so much about it - is what will probably cause its early cancellation - much like AD.

I mean, how many TV shows can get away with a spoof of My Dinner with Andre as a whole episode?

16. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Just posting in this thread to reiterate that Community is hilarious, and The Big Bang Theory sucks.

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I don't understand the hating on BBT -- I think it is unfairly prejudiced due to the legacy laugh track perception (live audience or not). I think the show is legitimately hilarious in its own right, even if it doesn't live up to the originality you get from Community or the Office.

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I look down on anyone who thinks BBT is a funny show. That show is not funny whatsoever.

Community is King. Or Parks and Rec. Or Always Sunny. Or sometimes the Office. But never 30 Rock. (I like 30 Rock but it's the 4th best show on NBC behind the other three.)

20. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I am really interested to see how Community deals with the inevitability of these characters moving on from community college.

Maybe the fact that we are already into season 3 and there has only been passing mention of characters (mostly Annie) transferring out is a hint that maybe the show won't address it and they'll just see where it heads organically.

I still enjoyed season 2, but it felt like a definite step back from the level that season 1 was on there at the end. I like Abed being quirky and unique, not bat**** crazy and in season 2, he crossed that line. I never really got into the Chang storylines either.