1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Durant Wearing Bulls Hat...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 3814, Sep 20, 2011.

1. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/32058768

[​IMG]

Is this news? Is this a big deal? Should we really care about this? Absolutely no on all accounts.

But... I couldn't help but wonder when I saw that picture whether or not we'd be making a big deal if that were say LeBron James wearing a Knicks hat. Or Chris Paul wearing a Heat hat. Or Dwight Howard wearing a Lakers hat. Or Kobe Bryant wearing a Timberwolves hat. (Yeah, I know that would never, ever happen, but it's funny to picture.)

Obviously, we'd be making a pretty huge deal if any of those guys did that. With LeBron, just because anything he does is a big deal. With CP3 because of his uncertain future in New Orleans. Same thing with Howard in Orlando. And Kobe just because that type of thing would never happen.

But it makes me wonder if this isn't a big deal just because it's the iron-clad, bulletproof Durant doing it or because it truly isn't a big deal. I mean, we all freaked over LeBron wearing a Yankees hat and while I realize that was under much different circumstances, it was still a story, while this definitely is not.

I can't really decide why though. It's probably just because we haven't reached a point with Durant where we freak over things. Not because he isn't a superstar, but just that we don't obsess over the minutia of his every little thing he does. Unless it's tattoos, of course

Durant is locked up with the Thunder through 2016 with the Thunder so it's not like he could actually go to the Bulls or anything. So forget that angle. Maybe he was just wearing it because the Thunder's logo isn't anywhere near as cool as the Bulls. That's what I'm thinking.

Not a big deal... but confusing!

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

3. Raven

Raven Member

What a thoughtless thing to do.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He is probably a fan of Jordan.

Though considering how loyal he is to his own team I doubt we'll be hearing complaints, especially since he is quiet with the media.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Please.

If anyone here loves caps like I do they know that the team on the front has almost nothing to do with their loyalties.

These guys wear caps like color accessories not like gang flags.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Who cares?
    Unless he starts tanking on his Thunder team then this story and picture hold no relevance.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much. Non-issue.

8. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

So there's no double-standard here?

Nobody would react differently if Kobe wore a Heat hat or if LeBron wore a Lakers hat?

And nobody would be excited if Durant was wearing a Rockets hat? There's nothing to this at all?

(I don't think there is... by the way, I'm just surprised that nobody seems to care.)

1 person likes this.
  9. showtang043

showtang043 Member

There is no double standard bc lebron openly spoke of marketing his "tune in to july 1 2010, we gonna make history" bs for 2 years since 2008. So he openly created the possibility of leaving and just led on the chirade. During the trade talk, kobe had those damnds for that summer. Chris paul and dwight obviously have no committment with their current teams. All those are reasonable to create speculation. On the other hand, Kevin Durant just signed a 5 year extension, no questions asked, no opt out to commit to the thunder. So hes just wearing a damn hat.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

When was the last time Durant said or did something that the media jumped on?

For that matter when was the last time Durant acted selfish on and off the court that the media scrutinized?

Durant stays out of the media spotlight, so the standard is obviously different.

He is basically a superstar who gets as much media attention as a role player (excluding game coverages of course).

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I wear hats swimming bro, I love hats. That said I would never wear any team hat that wasn't Texans or Rockets because of my loyalties.

Great post. This is exactly true. We all know the mess Bron took for wearing other team hats.

12. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

The Bulls hats are the best looking ones tho...

13. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I think this means we'll definitely see Durant in a Bulls uniform next year. 100%. Lock it up.

14. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Huge news. Deserves sticky.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, imagine if Tmac wore another team's hat when he was with the Rockets o_O

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think being a member of a team and being a fan of another team is fine. If an Astros player grew up in Boston and watched the Red Sox growing up, I wouldn't exactly flame him for sporting Red Sox gear. Durant probably idolized Jordan during the 90s Bulls domination so Bulls gear isn't exactly astonishing.