1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M to SEC

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SacTown

SacTown Member

I would say the aggie rednecks owned themselves - especially the fat one on the right.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I just watched 1 Baylor caller shame four Aggie idiots. I am dumber from having watched that. What a bunch of morons

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Multiple sources on twitter saying that Longhorns are going Pac12. Bohls among them.

Here's new orangebloods article..interesting take from Dodds on Big 10 I highlighted at bottom:

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1266871

A source close to Texas repeated to me today the Pac-12 may now be the Longhorns' top option in terms of finding a new conference home.

The Pac-12 might be willing to accept a "modified" version of the Longhorn Network, the source said.

This development was first reported by Orangebloods.com on Saturday, when the Atlantic Coast Conference began moving in a different direction, according to a Big 12 administrator.

Sources have indicated that the Pac-12 is now UT's top option.
    Multiple sources said Texas was banking on ESPN to make a marriage between the ACC and Texas that would allow the Longhorns to keep LHN. But that appears to have failed, the sources said.

Orangebloods.com was the first to report Saturday that the ACC was concerned about how LHN would fit into its revenue sharing; sees itself as an east coast conference and wasn't interested in extending into the southwest (no matter how much TV money adding Texas would mean); and had concerns about the academics of Texas Tech, whom UT would be under pressure politically to bring with them wherever UT went.

UT president Bill Powers and athletic director DeLoss Dodds told people inside the athletic department last week the ACC was Texas' best option if the Big 12 fell apart. Now, Texas is looking at the Pac-12.

Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott told a group of reporters that included Orangebloods.com at the Rose Bowl Saturday the Pac-12 would not be flexibile about third-tier rights revenue sharing. Scott maintains that schools have to share the money equally.

If Texas sought membership in the Pac-12, Scott said LHN "would be an issue." But Scott said his league has a great relationship with ESPN, which owns the rights to LHN and is also a TV partner in the Pac-12 (along with Fox).

The list of options for Texas appears to be down to the Pac-12 or trying - come hell or high water - to hold the Big 12 together.

But a Big 12 without Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M does not excite the TV partners of the Big 12, industry sources have said. In other words, there's no way the Big 12 money stays the same if it's Texas, BYU, Louisville and some combination of Cincinnati, Houston and TCU along with the remaining members of the Big 12.

Also, schools like Missouri and Kansas would have to be convinced to stay in the Big 12 when they have other options, sources said.

DeLoss Dodds has told people who matter that Texas does not want to go independent and does not want to go to the Big Ten. Dodds has said the growth in the United States is south, and the Big Ten is not in the south.

It's not a done deal, but it's looking more and more like the Pac-12 with a modified version of the Longhorn Network, probably renamed as something like the Pac-12 Texas Network.

Stay tuned.

4. MadMax

remnants of Big 12 merge with Big East....i keep seeing this over and over again, and it just makes too much sense not to happen. i'm hoping UH gets added to that mix.

5. MadMax

guy on the far right is just a flat out jackass. the caller called in entirely respectful, and that guy just lit into him..."you're stupid!" really???

6. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Rumor is that TCU wants UH in the Big East.

7. MadMax

that would be great. not enough football programs in the Big East if all those teams leave...they're going to have to merge with what's left of Big 12 after UT heads west.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I've heard that TCU was in UH's corner from the get-go with the Big East. They want that conference to expand Westward. I'm curious how the Big East and Big 12 could possibly merge and keep UT/OU happy. That just doesn't seem possible.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's too bad that Texas is apparently saddled with the academic albatross that is Texas Tech in any move. It would be more appropriate if Texas A&M, being the prime mover on this, had to shoulder that burden, insofar as the SEC is conference of academic lightweights. But I don't know if Texas A&M is attractive enough a property to take that kind of baggage so who knows.

10. MadMax

that won't happen. i think UT and OU are gone. the merger idea i keep seeing floating around comes in the wake of that with the remaining teams from each conference pulling together. add UH to that mix.

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

Agree. That fat guy should be held accountable and kicked off the show for being such a tool.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You don't know much about the level of friendliness between A&M and Tech to think that A&M would try to bring Tech anywhere. A&M ain't "shouldering that burden" brah

A&M should take academic heavyweight Rice to the SEC! After all, Rice was the sponsoring institution that got A&M into the AAU

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]The Pac-12 appears to be working out the final details of a deal that would bring Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech to the conference, sources close to the situation told Hookem.com and the American-Statesman on Sunday morning.

Nothing has been accepted or approved, yet, but the deal would allow the Longhorns to keep the Longhorn Network.[/rquoter]

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The AAU was thoroughly bereft of expertise in endangered sea turtle hatching (texas A&M's program is legendary in this regard, I have toured their facilities in Galveston myself), animal husbandry, and meat judging - if not Rice, I'm sure another university would have pulled back the velvet rope and allowed the Agricultural & Mechanical College of Texas a deserving entrée.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

SMH at those Aggies. ******* rednecks

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They should let Texas go to the Pac 12 first, then everyone else, TAMU included, can be all... umm, nah nevermind brah, we're good in the Big 12.

17. sammy

KU, KSU, Baylor, and UH to the Big East.

Get R Done

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Why is that? Why would UT drag Tech out of the deadzone with them? I understand OU and OSU but not TTU.

19. sammy

I read here that Scott's daughter goes to Tech and he could have been their President or something..

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.