1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Woot, we are getting bonus coverage.

Just the game I want too. Tennessee and Jacksonville.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

MOAR COOKIEZ!!!!!!!:grin:

1 person likes this.
  3. aggie87

aggie87 Member

too bad this game doesn't prove anything....its like beating the Cavs without Lebron

4. Astro101

Astro101 Member

And we played without Foster. Win's a win and I'll take it!

5. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Except that Peyton doesn't play defense.

On the other hand, Lebron doesn't either. ;)

6. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lebron is one of the 5 best defenders in the league...

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And last year's win supposedly did prove something... and we saw where that got us.

In the end, its a win against a team they were supposed to beat, and who plays in our division. Its a valuable victory no matter how you want to nitpick it.

Also, I like the fact that Mario is looking better and better with every game he plays as a LB.

8. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unlike in years past, if we win the games we're "supposed" to win, we'll be very happy with the way this season turns out. It's nice to see us being the team with superior talent and coaching.

If Mario can get more favorable match-ups (against TEs or RBs or RTs), he'll be just fine. He's not a speed rusher, he needs to dominate his opponent with his strength. Great win, hope they can keep this up next week.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

2nd Half felt like a preseason game. Did what they were supposed to do in the first though, a win's a win.

This just confirms what a lot of people already knew, Peyton is the Colts. They'll get better, but I'll be surprised if they win 5, they're terrible.

Texans should just burn this tape, othing to see here. Now we gotta start playing real NFL teams.

1 person likes this.
  10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Amazing first half. For off the accelerator in the second. Damn good game. Go Texans!

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

A very sloppy second half should provide a good dose of humility. This team has a chance for a "do over" of last year's pathetic performance. So far, everything is pretty much the same. First game, 34 points, check. Beat the Colts, check. And remember, they were at one point 4-2. If they are 4-2 after the first six games this year, they are going to the Super Bowl!

12. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Looks like the Peyton talk is starting already. Dude doesn't play D or special teams. I'm actually really bummed he's hurt. I had them pegged to be beat this year and his injury pretty much sealed it. I'm really looking forward to all Texan accomplishments being downplayed. :rolleyes:

13. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

Anyone see the end of the Ravens - Steelers game? Talk about killer instinct...the Ravens were still trying to score even though they were up 21. THAT's what the Texans still seem to be lacking. Can't wait to see how they do against the Dolphins next week. VERY much looking forward to the Saints and Steelers games...I think that's going to be a far more accurate indicator of how they're doing this year.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

firing a rookie defensive coordinator and hiring a proven D-coach, signing 2 experienced secondary players, drafting a potential stud defensive end...

= status quo

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well, the Ravens and Steelers have a rivalry that is completely unmatched by anything the Texans have. Those players talk more crap about each other than anyone else in sports. They are all on a mission to humiliate the other team.

We had a 34 point lead against a team that is obviously not a threat to us (without Manning). There was no reason to keep pressing. We played about as conservative as possible until the clock ran out. No reason for anything else

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Good for the Ravens, but if someone important got injured during that effort, I'd bet people would have a different view about their "killer instinct."

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Matt Schaub helping out my fantasy team...... what a great game though.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If the Texans continue to play this aggressive type of defense, and continue to open up huge holes for the RB's, supplemented by a killer play-action scheme, the Texans will be touted as a true contender.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I would like so much to say that this game meant nothing, but 34-7 says a lot.

20. plates300

plates300 Member

I really wanted to see what our secondary is made of. Joseph made a great play saving a TD. I'll hold judgment on our secondary until we play New Orleans or Pittsburgh.