1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All NBA Draft Matchup 3

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RedNation, Sep 3, 2011.

?

Which team do you think is better

Poll closed Sep 6, 2011.
  1. Bob Monkeyson

45.2%
  2. arjun

54.8%
  1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

The field has been trimmed from 24 to 16. In this round, the team that receives the most votes will move on in the competition. Review the rosters, then vote for the team which you believe is BETTER

Bob MonkeySon
    PG - Mike Conley / Ramon Sessions
    SG - Dwyane Wade
    SF - Richard Jefferson / Vince Carter
    PF - Luis Scola / Amir Johnson
    C - Roy Hibbert

Vs.

arjun
    PG - Tony Parker / Toney Douglas
    SG - Stephen Jackson
    SF - Kevin Durant / Carlos Delfino*
    PF - David Lee
    C - DeJuan Blair / Andray Blatche

2. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

how does wades team not win...

3. VBG

VBG Member

Wade will average over 40 points a game.

Again, I just can't vote for a team with that interior defense.

Plus S. Jax is a good defender against bigger guards. Wade is a terrible matchup IMO

4. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Scola would do well too against that interior.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I voted BobMonkey, I was just wondering why VC isn't starting over RJ.

6. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

Before voting ends, I'll give the case for my team. As far as which team would have the best chance at winning a title' I'd say that mine has a better chance at developing chemistry with no ego/selfish players, no one that's gonna dominate the ball (besides maybe wade).

Matchup wise, defensively is where arjuns team lacks. The lack of height with both bigs and no real shotblockers would really hurt his team, whereas my team has quality defenders at each position. Scola's defensive struggles can be minimized knowing that a very good shot blocker like hibbert is right behind him. Vince is in a perfect position for him as a 6th man on a contending team, where there's no pressure on him, and he's still a very productive player and can still give you those vinsanity games(i.e. just like when he seemingly couldn't miss against the rockets last season).

Sessions is also a very underrated pure point guard. His ability to get to the line and put pressure on the defense coming off the bench really helps my team. Conley and hibbert are players that are continuing to improve every season and players like lee and blatche on arjuns team seem like they are players that can put up good numbers on bad teams or only up-tempo styled teams(lee) but really don't seem like players you can rely on to help you win a title