1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEW Yao Ming - Interview on Retirement, Life, Rockets, China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SunsRocketsfan, Sep 2, 2011.

1. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

he's a great guy.

though he looks much fatter, and from his saying, chance of him coming back to NBA is less than slim.

2. acjeitherocket

thx for posting this...yao will be missed like no other

3. VanityHalfBlack

Damn, what does Yao diet consist of??? He eat buffet??

4. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I have often wondered if Dikembe Mutombo was a factor in all of this. They did play one on one a few weeks before Yao retired. Dikembe had a severe injury before he left the game and may have hampered his mobility as he ages.

Yao shouldn't shut the door. Take a year and maybe do what MJ did...and win Championships at age 33,34,35.

I hope he just didn't "philosophized" himself out of the game...

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Love the guy, we were blessed to have him on the Rockets.

And, I personally believe he will come back, it is one thing to talk about it, but he is a young man, I think he will get the itch and make a comeback......

DD

7. SunsRocketsfan

yea he is only 30 I think the itch will definitely be there. But I think it also really depends on his ankle. If he is feeling comfortable in a year and starts to get that itch I'm sure it will be on his mind but I'm not holding my breath. The Rockets were fortunate to have him on our team but its really time to move on. Even if he does come back it might not even be with the Rockets. I'm sure he will only come back to a contending team and unfortunately the Rockets are quite far from being a contending team.

8. bloop

bloop Member

Yao's not coming back. He doesn't need to play in the NBA to keep basketball in his life.

He had his shot. 2009 was the year, for both yao and houston. unfortunately everyone got hurt, kobe elbowed/kicked dudes, fisher went fake gansta on scola, Joey Crawford and David Stern existed.

Since that chapter is all closed, the past decade truthfully was fruitful for both the franchise and Yao. They fell short of their ultimate goal but Yao kept Houston relevant for an entire decade and a perennial contender. You can't say that for any other star in franchise history. Even Dream mailed it in for a chunk of his career in the middle and Houston was not legit in the early 90s. Yao made the Rockets a pretty popular team around the league, got Tmac and other players here, got top flight coaching talent interested in the franchise and gave Houston fans excitement every year. Honestly that blah feeling that you have for a lot of your teams during some stretches didn't exist while Yao was on the court.

So... good luck to the big guy. Nice sentiments, will remember etc. Time for Houston to look forward, Yao is not walking through that door.

9. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Agreed here.
    This Fall Yao enrolled in Shanghai Jiaotong University, Chinese Standford. He really moved on, it was reported he seriously starts from College Math and Physics 101.

From the video I have to say Yao is loosing his English...not a surprise, second language is always like that, loose it if you don't use it.

10. SunsRocketsfan

his english seems fine to me.. and i doubt he is going to lose it. He still has a home in houston and he's still has plenty of endoresements, sponsors, charity, media events, etc that will require him to speak english.