1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 11/12/2002

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2002.

1. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

How long is TMo out? He was really performing in the preseason... this team will have all kindsa ballers soon enough, and offense coming out of our ass (I hope). But does anyone know when he's coming back?

2. ckrdkjr

ckrdkjr Member

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I'm excited to see if Steve can keep it up! His last game was off the hunting stand!!!

4. aries323

aries323 Member

Steve will get his 30,10... wow! Mobley will get his 20 and EG, KT, and MoTaylor are going to play hard and We will win by a hair... 101 ROckets
    97 Blazers

Rockets 4-2... not a bad start:cool:

5. jlaw

jlaw Member

When can we watch the game again in ch51?

6. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

I think we'll have a solid win... the Blazers will be walking into a Texas two step and the first step goes through Dallas (this aint gonna be a dance for them). The Mavs'll tire'em out for us, while we'll be well rested again and should be able to pull out a win.

Of course if Stevie doesn't pass....all bets are off!

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The Rox and Portland play twice in relatively short order. Either or both could be blow outs, in either direction. Portland is wee - rd!

PS EG might just be the answer for Sheed, negating the huge disadvantage Rox have had defending the long fours in recent years.

PPS I like Randolph's game. A lot.

8. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Kenny Thomas had one of his best games of his young career last year against Portland(If I remember correctly) So look for him to step up big.

Hopefully Maurice Taylor can come right in and stroke a few mindrange shots cause I'd like to see Rudy give him some minutes at center along with Griff @PF and Thomas @SF. Really interested to see how the offense functions with that front line.

Rockets 104 Jailblazers 89

9. Shotcaller

Shotcaller Member

I am so glade a got L.P. cause here in san antonio they dont show the ROX....so far they have been showing the other teams broadcast team...I miss calvin and bill!

10. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lineups? Matchups?

From Spurs Box :

player / min / matchup

Stodemire / 37 / Francis
    Kobe Stopper / 29 / Mobley
    Quitten / 30 / Rice /KT
    Wallace / 26 / Taylor/Griffin
    Davis / 26 / Cato

with Bench

Wells / 27 Hawkins?/ KT?
    Randolf /22 KT? hmmm...
    Daniels /21 Hawkins? Mooch?
    Sabonis /21 Ming?

they also have

Jeff Mc Innis &
    Derek Anderson

Geez. This looks tough for our boys.:eek: We're not gonna get anything cheap inside, but their outside defense will be vulnerable if we swing the ball. Francis can shoot over Stodemire or cross him up - and should get him in trouble. Bonzi tends to loaf, so Mobes can run him into a KT or Taylor pick. Potential vulnerability : Davis and Sabo are mummies, shuffling along in super slow-mo. Cutters should be able to knife in and attack the basket with a backdoor or off movement. Quitten can't jump. Shoot over his lanky arms all day with a switch. Let Griffin and Taylor or KT bump and shoot over Pip and let Cato distract Sheed or the mummies.

11. Shotcaller

Shotcaller Member

they also will be comming in just after playing a tuff Spur team tonight

12. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I just had to be the first....
    "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" ====> Pippen

13. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

Sounds close to me, that is 10 rebounds for Francis, isn't it? No way he gets 10 assist, that requires passing, unless you think he gets them passing to Mobley and Norris. Let me see 101 for the Rockets and 50 from Francis and Mobley, if you add in 10 for Norris [if he can quit dribbleing long enough to shoot]. That leaves the rest of the team to get 41, they should be able to get that from getting rebounds from the guards shots. Going from what I have seen so far this year, but I keep reading it is going to get better. I wonder when?

14. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I see where the league just hit Bonzi Wells with a 1 game suspension for spitting on Danny Ferry. I presume that means that he will be serving the suspension vs the Rockets.

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/1111/1459437.html

Edit:

Nevermind, the league must have issued the suspension prior to tonights game vs Dallas. Wells is sitting out tonight. Wells should be in the lineup vs Houston. Sorry.

#34 aelliott, Nov 11, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2002
  15. AsianBoy

AsianBoy Contributing Member

We need to play a team with all their players so we can test the Rockets offense and defense. I am glad Bonzi is playing so that we will be challenge.

16. corby

corby Contributing Member

Rockets.com is not publishing a TV channel, and the listings don't mention the game. Is this game on local TV?

17. aries323

aries323 Member

FIY...Shot Caller... It was the Mavs not the Spurs... The Mavs put it on them without NVE or Raef... I think we can take these guys if we play well... and pass!:rolleyes:

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Hey isn't Mo supposed to be back for this one...it was only a five game supsension right so he should be back?

19. 41Fan

41Fan Member

Honestly, post up Glen Rice...he'll score. Then post up Yao Ming, and even if he doesn't score, post him up again. Francis and Mobley will get their shots without a set iso play. I don't see how this city can stand Rudy Tomjanovich. The man's lucky he had Olajuwon all those years to keep his stats resepctable or he'd be out of a job...atleast in HOuston. This team can be much better than it plays if it would only use it's weapons correctly. FREE GLEN RICE!!! and for god sake Give YAO a chance:mad:

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

corby,
    Tim from the Rockets said ALL games will be televised..I believe it will be on 51.

junkyard dog,
    yes..MoT should be back..his suspension waas for 5 games..this is our 6th...

this will be a tuff game, with everyone back except for TMo, we will win if they continue their more unselfish play from last game.

if they dont, it will be a looong nite..

Playing team ball:

Rox 102
    Blazers 94

ISO-Play:

Rox 89
    Blazers 96