1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] The 13 in 35 Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Those were the days---sigh.

2. Air Bullard

Air Bullard Member

Amazing.

Every time I watch this game or highlights, when the madness begins I still cheer and get excited like the first time I ever watched it, including throwing up my arms in triumph when T-mac hits the last three to win it. You can only imagine the awkward moments sitting in the middle of class watching it on mute when he hits point number 13.

3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I'm happy to say I watched this game on tv from start to finish. I was in an apartment at the time and I was screaming so much by the end I'm surprised the neighbors didn't complain to the management about the noise.

4. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

God its crazy how bad our role players sucks. I mean Reese Gains? Other than Yao and Tmac and maybe Bob Sura, that team is trash. Just imagine if Tmac and Yao got the role players today as in Lowry, Scola, Hayes, Lee, Martin, Bud etc...

5. VanityHalfBlack

What's with the gay bowing between Yao and MO T????

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Come on. Footnote, cliffnotes, scratch-n-sniff...I don't care what anyone calls this. This is one of the most memorable, most exciting several plays in Rockets history, regardless of the magnitude.

What McGrady has done, or not done, outside of this particular game is beside the point. The point is, this game is definitely one of the most memorable games I've ever watched. It's now one of those memories that will last because of the excitement generated in the room we watched it in. McGrady never got us out of the first round, but that era is over now. We can reflect on what he HAS gave us and enjoy. It's not good to hate forever.

Also, when I see Devin Brown, I think of Nick Anderson

7. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

"what the hell was that Brown kid doing trying to dribble the ball???" loll

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Pops' face was the funniest.

He already looked angry as hell speaking to Manu.

I cannot imagine what Devin Brown would have felt like in the locker room. Pop would have completely destroyed him.

10. Ashes

Ashes Member

For the life of me I still can't figure out two things:

1) Why didn't the Rockets foul Devin Brown immediately.
    2) How the hell did Brown fall and lose the ball?

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

well, you always go for the steal first before the foul, and it worked out good.

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I watched this game in Iowa when I was in middle school, and had no internet. I was so overcome with excitement, but, I had literally NOONE to share it with, that's always what I'll think of when I see it. Lol.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Haha, I was at the game, and was thinking the same thing when it happened.. when he lost the ball I was like WTF?!

But then I was like "**** it" and started cheering my ass off. Then when Tmac hit the three I was high fiving people I didn't even know lol.

14. theteam

theteam Member

When I really want to be cruel to myself i watch this clip ... then i watch the Rockets Dallas 05 playoff highlights "we still believe"

15. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Respectfully disagree, my friend. These were the days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i am glad san antonio was up because that meant all their fans stayed to gloat and they had to go home deflated.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan