1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

HP TouchPad $90

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Aug 19, 2011.

1. moose

moose Member

I received a confirmation email from Amazon. Did anyone else?

2. SunsRocketsfan

I did. Got a confirmation email from amazon.
    This will be a good present for my mom

Not sure if I'll get it tho. The amazon link kept on saying it was sold out. Then suddenly it worked. Glitch? Or do they really have it in stock. Guess we shall see

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

4. moose

moose Member

I ordered within the first 3 minutes it went live. Hope I get it.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

bought from onsale on amazon and got confirmation email, we'll see how it goes...

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I have not received any emails from BestBuy after the one at 6:33am that said:

8/21/2011
    Order Number: BBY***************

Dear XXXXX:

Thank you for shopping at Best Buy. We have received your order, and it will be processed as soon as possible.

Shipping
    We will send you an e-mail that includes the shipping date and tracking number of your item once it is packed and ready to be shipped from our warehouse. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item(s) to you.

Thank you.
    Best Buy Customer Service

And, the web site continues to say:

Order Status: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 0 - 1 days.

Has anyone received any different communication from BestBuy like an email with more of a confirmation that they will get the TouchPad? While I won't be too shocked to not get one, nor will I be too unhappy, I reckon I could have gone the more recent Amazon direction and ordered the 16gb through them for $99, so waiting to see if Best Buy actually processes and send my order is a bit disappointing if it doesn't actually happen.

Or... is it realistic to believe the tablet will be packed and shipped tomorrow (a regular business day)?

So... has anyone that ordered from Best Buy received any emails that are more specific that their order happened (and perhaps will be shipped?)?

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I am still holding out for my HP order to go through but feel pretty confident if it doesn't I can pick one up somewhere else later. Seems like retailers just needed a few days to change the price.

8. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

I got another from amazon. Onsale is a division of macmall, so I wouldn't worry about them. They probably do have thousands in stock.

9. accordi4

accordi4 Member

costcentral.com has them for sale. 7k in stock!

1 person likes this.
  10. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

According to slickdeals some people with high volume orders were getting their orders modified\canceled, so thats why the status keeps changing. I wouldn't be too worried, someone said they called parent company of OnSale and they said the had a ton of touchpads.

11. gah

gah Member

Thanks guys, I've been on a periodical watch since last night. Hopefully we all get it through that amazon link, but it looks like it might have gotten overloaded.

12. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

How are you getting it from Amazon? does it periodically come back as 'in stock'?

13. The Boz

The Boz Member

If you ordered from the HP small business site that had a link in previous post then don't expect it to go through. I ordered one and recieved an order confirmation (not by email) but when I cheked my order status an hour later it said order could not be completed.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

so, just curious.

how many new webOS owners do we have here now?

Looks like there may be enough to make a seperate "Top 5 Things to do First to Your New Touchpad" thread.

15. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'd appreciate that. If it doesn't get much activity you can merge it with this thread.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

has any one who ordered from hp on friday got their item to ship?

17. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Someone else rep this guy.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I got my confirmation email from HP today! Yes!