1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HP TouchPad $90

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Aug 19, 2011.

1. pd_

pd_ Member

yah if anyone has extra 32gig lemme know...i'll buy it

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I read a few places are supposed to be getting more in stock tomorrow or Tuesday so I am sure you all should be able to get yours soon.

Glad I was visiting my parents this weekend and got one at the walmart there Friday night at 500 then went in on sat and got it price adjusted. No waiting in line and no hassle just seeing the amazed look on the managers face at the price drop and her wanting to buy one herself. But they were out by then

3. trickywhiteguy

What would those places be? Just so I know where to focus my time at?

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I bought a 32gb last night online at full price, to get price adjusted. I picked up in store (according to their website, I should have got the lower in-store price when I picked up). I get it home and realize it is 16gb (My receipt and order form show 32gb). Online orders have to be adjusted through the customer service number. Now I'm waiting on a CSR to answer the phone to get this sorted out. I'm not sure how this is going to work out.

This is Best Buy.

Edit: Best Buy handled it pretty well. Buying at full price last night and getting the adjustment today was the way to go.

#144 juicystream, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  5. accordi4

accordi4 Member

picked up a 32gb for $149.99 from amazon lightning deal. sold out quick. really wanted the 16gb for $50 less.

6. pd_

pd_ Member

lol same here....i saw the 16gig deal and turned on 1-click buying thing and got the 32gig i wanted

7. juicystream

It is looking less likely that I will have one available for my fellow Clutchfans.

I have the one I already picked up and the one I will pick up when I go to ATL next weekend (Assuming employee theft does not occur). If mine and my dad's online orders go through (which I am less than optimistic about) I will sell those will have 1-2 available, to which Donny & pgab will get first crack at.

I have one pickup that still says confirming InStore Inventory, so I'm assuming that is a lock for a cancellation.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

50 bucks over cost seems to be the going rate. Except on ebay which is a little extra to cover fees.

I hope the one I ordered from HP on Friday goes through.

9. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Just got a confirmation email for 2 of the 32 gigs. Still waiting on 1 more.

10. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Any one selling an extra one?? I'll pay with paypal and fifty $$ extra.

11. juicystream

I imagine your Friday order would go through.

I will probably only charge them cost+shipping+$10-20 to cover paypal fees and packaging costs. I ordered so many to increase my chances of success, not to substantially profit.

12. Bandwagoner

50 bucks isnt really substantial profit. when u order 3-4 and have ur cc tied up and refreshing crashing webpages lol.

im just jelly cause ive been in and still just hoping i get one. oh well though, its just a tablet.

13. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I wouldn't worry about not getting one. HP will have a lot more stock once they get inventory back from other retailers, I know costco returned their entire inventory and lots of best buys did also. You might just have to refresh a website a couple thousand times, but there will be more opportunities to get one. I'm guessing once the hype dies down, ebay will be flooded with tablets near the clearance price.

14. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

Finally got a 32GB from the Amazon Lightning deal. Been looking for ones at Bestbuy and Staples yesterday and today and they were "sold out". Really wanted the 16GB as $150 is a little more than I wanted to spend. Oh well, still an awesome deal.

15. Ricksmith

Just got confirmation on the third. I hope it doesn't take a month to ship because of all the orders.

16. Bandwagoner

Confirmation from HP? What does your order status say?

17. Ricksmith

ORDER RECEIVED

» My order status | » My account | » Customer service

Hello (removed my name),

Your order number is (removed order number). Your chosen delivery method is Standard 5-7 Business Days and we will send you tracking information once your order ships.

ORDER INFORMATION

Product description Important information QTY Extended price Status

HP TouchPad 32G Wifi FB359UA#ABA

The HP Home & Home Office Store will accept returns or exchanges for this product up to 21 days after delivery

2 $269.98 Confirmed

SUMMARY OF SAVINGS:

Instant discounts you received: $30.00 Coupon SAVE30HP

TX Tax: Shipping: $22.27 Free

GRAND TOTAL: $292.25

SHIPPING ADDRESS:

18. Ricksmith

That was the email. My order status on HP's website still says item being processed.

19. SunsRocketsfan

Saw one at a local staples last one. I really don't need this thing but picked one up anyways. Now I have a iPad 2 and a crappy Chinese android tablet and a HP touch.

20. moose

moose Member

If anyone on the board is willing to sell one of them. I am also interested in purchasing one.