1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX26] Houston has been awarded the 2013 NBA All-Star Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 10, 2011.

1. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

They should get in every 5 years or so in my book, Staples Center is one hell of a venue, besides it's LA.

2. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Hopefully Lowry can have a big season and represent us. Or Dwight. Either way.

3. TISNF

TISNF Member

Yeah, plus they have two teams, so that makes slightly more sense. This is great for Houston, but honestly, if this had been another recent host city (like Atlanta, Philly, or DC), would we not be scratching our heads and saying "WTF?! Why do they deserve it??"

Again, I think it's great, but just seems very, VERY interesting why they got the game over cities such as Chicago, OKC, Milwaukee, Salt Lake, or, perhaps more "deserving", a city and arena like San Antonio.

Pretty cool though.

4. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

Because besides Chicago and maybe SLC, they are all crappy cities?

The only thing good about San Antonio is that it's only an hour away from Austin :grin:

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Did DHoward become a FA this year already?

6. dshay7

dshay7 Member

I was at the '89 All Star Game in the Astrodome! My grandfather got my brother and I tickets for Christmas '88. One of the best memories of my childhood! Kareem's last All Star Game......Hakeem as the hometown favorite.....Isaiah throwing an alley oop to Jordan off the glass.....freakin' Karl Malone taking the MVP trophy.......it was amazing seeing that much talent live and in person.

Anyone who can afford the tickets should definitely try to go.....it's worth it.

1 person likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Of course after the world ends.:rolleyes:

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Since they couldn't sell season tickets this year because of having no actual star, and don't plan to have one next year, I think this is insurance to help sell tickets. This way you give package holders a good deal on all star tickets.

9. Prince

Prince Member

Yao will be back!!!!!

10. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

let me clue you in...

orlando is hosting the ASG this year, then next year he will be a FA...

11. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

How much to tickets go for normally?

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

David Stern loves the syrup.

13. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

They said 2006 was one of the best ASG ever. Regardless of what alot of you guys think, Houston is a popular city.

I do agree that Lowry will be apart of the 2013 ASG. If not as a reserve maybe in the skills challenge or something.

Marcus Morris should be playing in the ROK/SPH game.

Maybe even see TWill in the Dunk contest taking his shirt off in mid air while tweeting a picture of himself in the air taking his shirt off.....................finishing with an elbow in the rim slam?

14. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

They said 2006 was one of the best ASG ever. Regardless of what alot of you guys think, Houston is a popular city.

I do agree that Lowry will be apart of the 2013 ASG. If not as a reserve maybe in the skills challenge or something.

Marcus Morris should be playing in the ROK/SPH game.

Maybe even see TWill in the Dunk contest taking his shirt off in mid air while tweeting a picture of himself in the air taking his shirt off.....................finishing with an elbow in the rim slam?

15. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

T-Will be a Rocket all star!

16. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I'm gonna start saving for this now.

I'm not joking.

17. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

cant wait to see griffin win the slam dunk. but will they wheel in a kia in toyota center?

18. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

This just in, I have some hair gel I would like to get rid of. Trying to get some lower bowl seats.

19. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/31241762

*******! I think we will show them! :grin:

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Then I don't see how he could be with our team two years when if he signs with us next year it would be his first year with the team. I guess that's my point to the other guy's post.