1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Bullard Retiring

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 3814, Nov 8, 2002.

1. timm

timm Member

Goodbye # 50.

Will he become our broadcaster?

Akeem as big man coach and Bull as the announcer...it will be cool...

Am I Air Dreaming!!!

2. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

RETIRE AIR BULLS JERSEY!

3. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

I think Air Bullard can do some serious coaching ... hmm ... ;)

You're sorely missed Bull! :(

4. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Do you guys remember Bull before the goatee and buzzcut? :eek: Bad times. Bad times indeed.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hope they can do something with your back, Bull. I suffer from a bad one myself. Only I ended up 1/2 an inch taller after surgery. That was the only good thing to come out of it. Now I feel like Warren Beatty in "McCabe and Mrs. Miller" muttering "Pain, nothin' but pain. Damn woman... ".

We miss you being with the Rocks. At least they got you a good contract with the Hornets to end things with. I look forward to you feelin' better and rejoining the team in some capacity. That would be cool.

Get well. :)

6. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

I got to meet Matt Bullard at a basketball camp. He was a really cool person. I wished he would've stayed with the Rockets. I loved when he got to dunk. After just making the shot he would get all hyped up, yelling, making it seem as if he just won the game. That was really cool. I hope that he gets better.

7. MONON

MONON Member

When I think of Matt Bullard, I think of a game many years ago. We got there really early(like we're gonna try to do tonight) & there were these 2 tall blonde white dudes out past the 3pt line talking & shooting 3's. One was Bull(6-10) & the other was Serge Zickker(7-3). They were hitting!!! I thought "if only Serge can do something besides shoot 3's!!!" Alas he couldn't! :(

Boy, after reading Jeff & codell; :eek: I don't have any back problems at all!! After some of the snide remarks that were made concerning how Bull got his back pain, I need to say this!IT DON"T TAKE MUCH!!

My problems started many years ago when I turned & grabbed a 4 oz cup of coffee while rising to my feet. It felt like someone hit me in the middle of my back with a baseball bat!! Most back pain comes from little unguarded moves like that.

Good luck Bull!! You're one of my favorites!!

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Exactly. Things just wear down. Matt B. might actually work out a lot, who knows? I'm tall, thin, early-mid 30s; I used to work out a lot more but my feet (with high arches) don't take the pounding anymore, and that affects everything else.

So, this is one poster who doesn't find Air Bullard's situation funny.

9. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Back trouble is bad news. It's a shame that a key part of our two titles is getting made fun of on this BBS.:(

Just think, if the Horry/Bullard for Sean Elliot deal had gone through... we'd not be having this discussion, and quite possibly not even have this BBS to discuss it on.

Bullard's role was huge in Houston. He had a deadly 3 that made people guard him close enough to allow pressure to come off guys like Dream, Elie, and Kenny Smith...

Hope you recover 100% Bullard....whether you read this or not.

10. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Nearly everyone that owes their success to Dream has retired.

You're on the clock Rudy!

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

The real fans love you Bull come back as an announcer and cut Calvin!