1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gross! ewww No way

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Aug 5, 2011.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

People pick shrooms on cow poop patties?

Thats absolutely disgusting, even if they may have nice effects

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How did the shrooms get in there?

3. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

People eat vegetables fertilized with manure, and people eat pigs which root in and eat their own feces. I have small kids, and I can't count how many times I've wound up with crap on my hands. I wash them with a ton of soap, and then I feel comfortable eating with my hands.

I've never done shrooms, but I assume people wash them pretty thoroughly before eating them.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Presumably the cow ingests some spores with the grass/feed and then they grow in the dung.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This. Also, people doing shrooms aren't making the best decisions in life to begin with.

(Scribo- you should be both washing and using alcohol-based hand sanitizer)

6. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Oh, believe me. I wash with potent stuff that would kill you if you drank a thimble full. Thankfully, we're about to start potty training the youngest. It will be so nice not to have change any more diapers.

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

it's true that wild shrooms grow off cow patties, but most of the shrooms out there are grown indoors not on poop

8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Experiencing ego death is one of the best decisions you can make.

1 person likes this.
  9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i rate this thread:

high school

10. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

ya I dont want to hang out with anyone in this thread

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

http://morallowground.com/2011/06/16/johns-hopkins-medical-school-magic-mushrooms-are-good-for-you/

"Researchers at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine have found out what any gristly old hippie or Burning Man veteran could tell you: that taken in the right doses, psilocybin– the active ingredient in ‘magic’ mushrooms– is good for you. Really good for you. So good that the experience will probably rank as one of the most spiritually significant of your life. Not only that, but the drug, when taken in the proper quantity, also creates positive changes in attitude, mood, life satisfaction and behavior that continue for more than a year after ingestion."

12. PotStu

PotStu Member

^^^^^ 100% agree.
    Shrooms are a great escape.Whether naturally grown or cultivated.

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i rate this post:

college

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I highly recommend psilocybin to all of you. Life changing experience.

15. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Cow poop is'nt that bad. It's just grass.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It seems I was being a bit ignorant when it came to cow poop in general. Not the fact that its nasty you would choose to eat something out of feces, but that its a very useful thing:

Tibetan cow poop

cow poop is collected and dried by the Tibetan to be burned as feul for heating their houses
    [​IMG]

Looks like its a pretty systematic process, they are first pressed into the form of a circle about 30 cm wide, 3 cm thick and dried in the sun till they are hard enough to be used even as Frisbees.
    [​IMG]

People even use them to construct their houses, never mind the smell. To prevent the poop from liquifying The exterior poop is spread thick and strong to keep the interior poop dry through the rains. It's doubtful that the houses can survive much more than a few weeks of rain, but that should be enough to keep the poop hard enough until the weather clears up enough to dry more cowpies.

The poop is even engraved with artistic designs to make the house look more aesthetic
    http://photos.travellerspoint.com/281321/_MG_1953.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.poopreport.com/Images/Travel/Cowpoop/house1.jpg

With all this talk of alternative energy and resources why aren't options like this being explored? It seems like some countries are working on how to use it to power larger facilities as it is no short supply One cow poops more than 120 pounds of manure every day. A study from the EPA published in 1998 showed that U.S. dairy cows produced 54 billion pounds of manure annually.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It can be quite a good thing, but it's not for everyone. Anyone new to such experiences should have a guide they trust to accompany them, IMHO.

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Just try to avoid doing it indoors (would not reccomend that at all), try to avoid doing it by yourself (also would not recommend that) and completely avoid driving on it.

Great trips are amazing, eyeopening and possibly life changing. Bad trips can be the COMPLETE opposite of that (possibly even ruining your life). Do it when you are in a positive state of mind (no really stresses or anything).

19. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

So long as you use lots of friction and lots of lather for at least 15 seconds, there is no need for the hand sanitizer. There are plenty of things/germs/bacteria the sanitizer doesn't take care of/kill, but plain hand-washing does the job.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You're right, there are things that sanitizer doesn't kill. There are things that washing won't kill. So you do both.

I work in medical clinics and it's part of my medical safety training- same thing the nurses and docs have to do. When it comes to germs, I'm going to err on the side of caution and medical training.