1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight on joining the heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bongo33, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Dwight to Heat will just be flat out cheating. The NBA will cease to be fun to watch.

2. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

I can't see Dwight joining Miami. He has too much competitive fire within him to take the "easy" way to a chip. If he is going to get the chip it's because he is the number 1 option.

But yeah if he is heading out West it makes Lakers the front-runners for his services.

Like someone pointed out if we get a blue chip big name like Chris Paul, Houston may have an outside chance.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You think Orlando will let Dwight walk as a FA? I ask this, because I just don't see them trading a star center to the Lakers if they hope to keep any of their fans.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

ORL fans would hate D12 going to MIA alot more than LA

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Just found it funny he said never. Anything is possibly really.

IF Orlando shops him and that is the best they can get (All-Star, big name, locked up under contract), they could take it (especially if Miami tosses in a bunch of draft picks, youth, cash, etc).

And wow, you can read Pat Riley's mind now? IF Miami trades for him:
    a) They can offer him more money than anybody else (MONEY)
    b) It would be good for Dwight as a brand as Miami would get more national exposure than any other team (MONEY)
    c) It would be Dwight's best chance to win (MONEY)
    d) MONEY

This whole idea of it being unlikely Dwight signs if traded there is laughable and just ignorant.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If the new CBA still has a S&T option money is moot. Any team in the league would gladly trade for Dwight, including his personal choice LA. I think it's more likely that in the event that Miami and Orlando are dumb enough to pull off the trade, a year later Dwight goes for an S&T with LA.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Dwight to Miami would finally give Lebron the help he needs. One man can't do it all by himself.

8. Aleron

neither are realistic, if they trade Dwight, they really need to be looking at getting ppl who won't improve them in the short term.

That would be the worst thing imaginable fort hem, not only would they be a 7-9th rated team, they'd be that with a swagger of terrible contracts, there would be no way to even begin rebuilding for 5 years.

9. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

What are you talking about? Apparently they need some help from PG too. Give them CP3 for free, and throw in some bench as well, and LeBron finally doesn't have to do all by himself.

10. bongo33

bongo33 Member

I think he was joking

11. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Why not? It happened with Shaq.

Sure they could trade him but the team trading for him would surely want a commitment he would stay beyond one year. If it was a team of his choice, yes, otherwise it is a massive risk.

12. thesaint

thesaint Member

Dont have any salary cap info for teams but I think Howard would be best fit with these teams in order:

1)Chicago Bulls: Would prolly have to give up Noah. Boozer is in decline and injury prone. Howard n Rose combination could be lethal.

2) LA Lakers: Kobe + Howard + role players = instant contenders.

3) OKC Thunders: They need a big man. Durant + Westbrook + Howard = Young, talented and instant contenders for many years.

And of course I would love for Howard to join the Rockets.

13. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Oh darn. I'm hearing that new Karate Kid OST on the radio...

14. Aleron

Why not? because it happened with Shaq, do you realise how much bad blood that caused them?

The whole Dwight to LA reminds me of 2 years of Bron to NY, a bunch of lakers fans interpreting something completely out of context. Dwight is closer to Lebron than he is to Melo, in that he wants to win more than he wants city X.

15. lalala902102001

Poor Orlando -- can never keep their superstars around.

16. AFS

AFS Member

I think they were both joking

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Dwight for James, it is a good deal for both teams. I said this after heats lost the finals, and JVG agreed this deal too when he talked on the TV. James is overrated, and Dwight is not. I hope this deal would happen because it prevents Lakers from getting him.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

its all about what teams offer them and what dwight agrees to resign with

19. Aleron

perhaps you haven't been watching the cba discussions, but the business side is where the owner's hearts are now.