1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Movie] Cowboys and Aliens

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

It's what you expect. Not going to win awards, but still entertaining.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's a western! So what if there's aliens, as well? I love westerns. A couple of you sound like you don't realize something. Westerns usually don't have a ton of dialogue. McCabe and Mrs. Miller did, which made it unusual, but the majority of the classic westerns don't. Look at Clint Eastwood's body of work. He said more with a stare than most Hollywood pretty boys could say in a ten minute rant. I'm planning on seeing it.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This cover says it all:

[​IMG]

4. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

I enjoyed it too. Dragged in the middle a bit, but the ending was action packed!!!

5. Raven

Raven Member

If you want Harrison Ford to carry a film, it better include fedoras or light sabers.

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Liked it, but it was a little long.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

spoilers anyone?

8. AustinBriggs

AustinBriggs Member

I replying to this because that promo pick is awesome. I forgot how hot Summer Glau is... and from San Antonio.

9. IVFL

IVFL Member

Okay, so this is way off topic, but it seems like I have seen a film similar to this in the early 80's. I was overseas at the time so who knows the name of the movie. This guy comes across a weapon that he wears on his arm and uses to fight alien type creatures. The only problem is that it starts to control him in a way, or drain his life from him. In the end the guy ends up dying from the weapon he was wearing.

Now, I have not seen this movie but I would be curious to see if the stories are similar. From the previews they look kinds similar.

10. RedRacer

RedRacer Contributing Member

Yeah I remember that movie being shown on TV when I was a kid in the 80's. It was scary because the powerglove or bracelet turned him evil kinda like ' the lord of the ring' after wearing it long enough.

11. Prince

Prince Member

so is it worth your 10 dollars?

12. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Paid for worse this summer. I'd say it's decent, but forgettable. It didn't meet my expectations, but it was an entertaining summer movie. I really thought it would be better though.