1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well It Looks Like I Am Getting a Divorce...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

White girls be complaining. lol. Sorry to hear about what you're going through. There are millions of other females out there. You'll find the right one

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I missed this earlier. Sorry to hear about that too Aussie.

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Sorry to hear that Manny. Good Luck. I went through a divorce 10 years ago. The hardest part for me was losing time with my son. I got taken to the cleaners with all my possession and child support, but I have bounced back and am living a life of happiness that I could NEVER have achieved in my first marriage. Now, I don't know you well enough to presume to compare my situation to yours, but from my experience, I can tell you that there is hope to bounce back, and better than before. Once again, good luck.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

You are joining the epidemic of our age, fifty years ago divorce was "unthinkable," now it is as common as mustangs. Sounds like it might be for the best in this case, but if I can help in any way let me know. I have taught marriage and family classes for years and have conducted numerous marriage seminars. Couples in some cases are attracted to each other but are incompatiable in many other ways. They begin "breaking" more that "building" and over time the relationship is toast. It is more complex than this, but that is it in a nutshell. I really feel for you. I am thrilled about your new job though.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm sorry the marriage didn't work out for you, Manny. From reading your posts over the years, we all know you tried your best to make it work. I know you deserved a better outcome. I hope you find a better companion that is more deserving of you in the future. I believe you to be a good person and you deserve someone just as good. Just close this chapter of your life and start a new one the best you can. We are all hoping for the best for you.

Surf

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Best of luck to you Manny, I know it wasn't an easy decision but it sounds like it was the best one in the long run.

7. alethios

alethios Member

Thanks for turning me on to Elliott Smith - I had no idea and now I'm listening to him on Myspace music. Shame about his life ending so soon and so tragically.

1 person likes this.
  8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Thanks for the well wishes everybody. As you can imagine, I have been kept busy by arranging things into separate accounts in addition to trying to prepare for my first year of teaching high school math (my inservice starts on the 1st of August).

One thing that has confused me was that she kept pushing me to go ahead and file papers; however, we hadn't signed our agreement on how to divide the property, assets, debts, etc. I told my attorney that we would still try to settle amicably but could I file and apparently I didn't ask the question right. Because yesterday, I went to his office to pay for the court costs and his assistant had already drawn papers up and was surprised when I handed her our agreement on how to end the marriage. She said that she would stop the papers from going out and convert the agreement to a legal document and get back with me. I told my wife about this yesterday afternoon and she said that she wasn't going to sign until she got to read the legal document first. This led to me calling my attorney's office and leaving a message about emailing the document. I am worried that she will show up to the attorney's office and won't sign. So I guess it is a reasonable request on her part.

Has anybody here had experience with taking a divorce agreement and having it converted into a legal document? Is what I described above the norm (having both parties review the legal document before signing)?

9. Landlord Landry

I filed for a dissolution of marriage is which basically what you are describing. but...luckily, I worked things out with her...and uh, not sure if we are going to get back together....but, not making anything final at this point, which is a step in the right direction for us. so...you never know. but best wishes brother. tough times.

1 person likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And people wonder why I am not married yet..

11. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Cause it's not legal for you yet in Minnesota and you're too cheap to fly to NY?

Heheh. jk Sishir

1 person likes this.
  12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yikes, really sorry to hear this Manny. Best of luck.

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Get the best lawyer you can afford. Don't ever sign anything without legal review. Think of it all as a business gone wrong. Protect yourself and any assets.

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Sorry to hear Manny.... I can't say I know what you're going through, but you seem like a great person.. just hang in there.

15. Landlord Landry

I understand this... and I felt vengeful at first as well. I dont think this a good approach when kids are involved.

Manny, take care of her. she is the mother of your child. Ya'll loved and respected each other enough to create a child together at some point. Ya'll should do what is best for the kid. not yourselves. even if she is unwilling to co-operate. this isnt a business gone wrong. it's the most important thing in your life.

1 person likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

How old are you, if I may ask?

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

Marriage is great, if you marry the right person. If you don't, it's hell. I've been married a little over 2 years now and haven't had one argument or disagreement with my wife. I waited until I was 34 to get married. I'd would have rather been single forever than to live in hell with a toxic woman, and many of the women I dated in my 20's WERE toxic and emotionally unstable.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He's 37 yo 5' 9" 174 lbs.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOL, I am asking because I think he and I are of similar age, and most of my friends are married with children by now, so I am interested in hearing from others who are in a similar situation like I am. I want to get married eventually, but don't feel like it yet.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You are a 39 yo, 6' 2", 219 Lbs -- GERMAN MALE.