1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why isn't NACHBAR STARTING?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aka ace, Nov 6, 2002.

1. aka ace

aka ace Rookie

Thats what I wrote in a different thread...... Q. Woods would have been a better pick.

2. ckrdkjr

ckrdkjr Member

#22 ckrdkjr, Nov 7, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2002
  3. BayouRocket

BayouRocket Member

I thougth Robert Horry was picked at #15 (or close). Didn't he start right away? If not, it didn't take long at all.

4. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Rudy said on 610 last night there isn't any room in the rotation for him right now and it will be worse when MT gets back. Apparently he only wants 7-8 players in the main rotation.

Start:

Steve
    Cat
    Cato
    MT
    Rice (Maybe, maybe KT)

Rotation:

Mooch
    Yao Ming
    EG
    KT

Bench:
    Boki
    Hawkins
    TMo

IL:

Collier
    Tito
    Mickeal

:D

5. aka ace

aka ace Rookie

How about a 2nd round pick (34th overall), Dan Gadzuric is the starting center for the Bucks.....

6. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Can Rudy try Francis, Hawkins, Griffin, Nachbar, and Cato to start?

Then bring Mobley and Yao off the bench.

Just try Nachbar, man.

Even if he gets limited minutes, just let the fans see how B. Nachbar can contribute to the Rockets. If he fumbles or starts throwing bricks, then bench him.

But do expose him to the NBA. He was drafted after all.

7. swt939

swt939 Member

my problem is is that even if the team is struggling (like when we were down by 20+ pts against the sonics) why doesnt rudy put players like Boki in?? i remember the same thing happening last year w/ griffin (and a bunch of folks on this bbs were making the same complaint).

i realize its only one game, but its obvious that this trend will continue (b/c rudy said so) and that frustrates me because i feel that Boki has the potential to become a special player for this team. I would just like to see that potential realized this year.

oh well....

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Cuttino Mobley was the first pick in the second round and he started pretty much right away.

9. Ben Lusky

Ben Lusky Member

I think Boki deserves playing time over some of the other role players. This guy can play. He can shoot the outside shot and drive the lane. TMo over him? Come on, he hasnt been awesome since his soph or jr year of college. If he would have come out early, he would have been first round material. Hawkins? Isnt he an old rookie? Solid defense, but I dont see him as the future of the team. Boki deserves some pt even if it is only a few minutes a game.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

man . . . some of you guys would be changing the line up every game

I get sick of you fricking POTENTIAL PIMPS

HE GOT MADD POTENTIAL!! HE WILL BE THE GREATEST
    THING SINCE FIRE!!!

Everyyear. .you guys would be trying to plop the
    newest mr MADD POTENTIAL into the line up and never
    let your line up grow or give mr MADD POTENTIAL time to
    develop

luckily . .. none of you are on the Rockets coaching staffs

Rocket River
    :rolleyes:

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This team is not lacking in athleticism. This team IS lacking in fundamental skills and shooting. Nachbar is coming along slower than I think many expected, but that doesn't really mean anything as far as what he is capable of. In Qyntel Woods's case, it would be another Rodrick Rhodes situation where we all just sit around and hope he develops a jump shot (or any kind of shot). I don't think the Rockets need that. What Nachbar needs to develop takes a lot less time than what Woods needs to develop to be a contributor in the NBA.

12. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

How many of you have seen Nachbar in practice? How many have seen his attitude during practice? None of you. So stop trying to play coach. The way Rudy and Co. talked about Nachbar during the preseason, I thought he would get more PT, but obviously something isn't clicking. Rice is getting extended minutes without Nachbar getting in so something is up. I am definitely not going to say he should be starting or getting 25 minutes a game when I haven't seen him play regularly.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Our rookies will not get better with out experience, and with out time they cant get experience. I wish rudy would give our roockies PT. I would like to see Nachbar playing. And Ming with alot more min. Let our main players have a break, rest them more, like tonight against cavs. If we make the playoffs dont want them too be all tired so that we have to use rookies, who we have not used all year, so give them some time now.

14. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

I agree, we haven't seen him in practice, but I've seen enough of Rice to realize Boki should have the majority of his minutes.

Let Rice cry and b!tch all he wants, he should NOT be playing for any NBA team.
    As of now, he's just wasting development time.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Are you sure? ;)

16. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

But you don't know...Nachbar might be worse. Rudy know he needs to win games this season, developing talent is goal #2. If Nachbar doesn't earn time in practice, he won't get it in the game.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Whoever brought up the idea of drafting Qyntel Woods- he's averaging only 6.3 minutes per game.

Sometimes the minutes guys get depends on the situation. Gadzuric is playing right now because the Bucks had an injury (I forgot who their center was). Look at Battier, as a rookie he played 39 mpg because the Grizz had no depth, now that they have more talent his minutes are being cut down.

Right now the Rockets just have guys who are more prepared in Hawkins and Rice.

It can be a blessing in disguise. Nachbar won't have to endure the type of stress that Yao Ming is going through. He can learn the NBA style and improve the areas of his game that he is weak in.

18. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

I couldn't agree with you more about earning playing time in practice, but at this point no one can be worse than Rice.
    Whether it be his health, loss of ability, or a combination of the two he needs to be replaced.

His time should be given to Boki and Morris, when he returns.
    I know how badly this team wants to win but people must understand we're still in a rebuilding situation, doesn't mean we can't contend for a playoff spot though.
    Rice is gone next year.
    I'd rather Boki and Morris become comfortable with their positions on the team this year instead of the '03-'04 season.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I want to see boki play, give rice time on the bench to work on his shot. If boki does not do will WITH GOOD AMOUNT OF PLAYING TIME...and GAMES, dont hold one bad night against a guy... then bring back rice, and when tmo is back, he better be in.