1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq-Kobe lite drama brewing strong in Lakerland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Jul 9, 2011.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/lazenby/2011/07/08/the-lakers-are-bynums-team-now/

Read more: http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/lazenby/2011/07/08/the-lakers-are-bynums-team-now/#ixzz1Rd7bnaYy

2. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Funny how much babysitting they have to do for Bynum and protect his glass knees.

3. postaboi713

postaboi713 Member

kinda how we did with Yao right? smh

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Hopefully the Lakers crumble because of internal issues and Jim Buss' & Mike Brown's ineptness. I would love to see Kobe rebel against the new regime.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Always heard that Drew was a weird cat. Not been around him, but the comments I always heard from players, handlers when his name came up was that he was a big baby and a lone wolf.

One thing I do know, his teammates are not going to look at him to lead them if he is a grown a$$ man still living with his mother.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No wonder Phil got out of there. He was not going to deal with this stuff again.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's about time to trade Kobe.

8. Nook

Nook Member

He does not have much left.... he is in his mid 30's and has the wear and tear of a player approaching 40. Don't forget, he was playing 100 games a year for 15 years.

9. ApuN

ApuN Member

Wow

23 year old millionaire who still needs his mother to wipe his butt for him.

I think the Laker season is going to be one long reality tv series

10. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

its just business...it happened to shaq now its gonna happen to kobe.. karmas a biatch

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Not to mention Phil screwing Jim's sister and Jerry's daughter. If its about being personal, I'm sure that played a part.

So with:
    - Artest "Metta World Peace" not focused on basketball trying to be Hollywood
    - Forcing a restructuring of the system around Baby Bynum and his questionable health and leadership.
    - Lamar Khardashian being equally babied by Khloe
    - Pau Gasol's so called issues with his girlfriend and getting the blues
    - Jim Buss's excess tinkering

Really Kobe Bryant was the CONSISTENT guy last year.

Now add to that Mike Brown, and cleaning house of the Laker's previous personnel, and what a mess.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lamar had his best season by far statistically last year. Must be the regular vag.

Gasol was as excellent as ever until the playoffs.

Bynum was has solid self when he played.

I think the downfall of the team was Kobe being a cancer. He refuses to share the ball and has been shown to be one of the least clutch players in the league.

With a little leadership and more of a team-oriented approach rather than an "I get the Finals MVP no matter how bad I shoot" approach, the Lakers would have had another 'ship.

13. Steve_Francis_rules

The downfall of the team was their defense, which was totally exposed against the Mavs. They can't guard quick perimeter players, and Barea and Terry destroyed them. Add that to the monster effort by Dirk (who couldn't be defended by anyone in the playoffs), and they weren't going to win the series, regardless of whether or not Kobe decided to play team ball on the other end.

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Absolutely. Their lack of perimeter quickness has been a huge weakness, as guys like Fisher and Shannon Brown were just too slow. Hell, Aaron Brooks embarrassed them back in '09.

15. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Are you kidding me?

16. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

There's no drama at all. Any team building around Andrew Bynum is destined to fail. They better pray Kobe doesn't retire anytime soon.

17. Stilldream'n34

Not sure how or when but I have a feeling Kobe will end his career as a Bull.

18. supdudes

supdudes Member

I call Bull

19. MONON

MONON Member

That would definitely solve their sg problem.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We didn't shift our entire offense to compensate for Yao's fragility. Bynum is not as good as Shaq or Yao. Dude is not going to be a franchise player...