1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Yao Ming Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houstonhoya, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Damion Laverne

:mad:

No, **** YOU.

1 person likes this.
  2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Yao is a superior human being, what a privelege to have had him on the Rockets. He will always be loved by Rockets fans. I wish Yao great success in his future endeavors.:)

3. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Thanks Yao Ming!!!! You brought us so much money in Houston and gave us more fans for our Houston Rockets Squad! May god Bless your rest of your career for being a true soldier that never gave up!

4. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Yao - Thanks for everything you've done for the game of basketball, the Houston Rockets, and the city of Houston. You will be sorely missed.

5. rocketzlove

rocketzlove Member

thanks for everything yao.

6. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

My initial reaction was similar to this:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F4sqJBJGG-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Yao for the great effort and contributions you gave to the Rockets. It was great watching you play. At times you were unstoppable:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jss1xEzh5b4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wish you the best with your future endeavours.

7. jwayne

jwayne Member

... and for being one of the BEST big men EVER to play the game despite a short career. His injuries and short career cannot take away from the incredible athleticism and skills this guy posessed at 7'6". You or I could only hope to be able to walk upright if we stodd 7'6". Yao was a phenom, we will NEVER see a guy whith his size and ability again, I predict. Im not talking about 7'2"... 7'6" is a HUGE difference.

8. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

so sad for Yao....so sad for the Rockets

wish Yao all the best....

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Best of the luck, big fellow. I think you made a good and right decision for your life. There is more than just basketball in life. Good luck. We appreciate all the good memories and even not so good one you brought us. There is going to be peace in all Rockets' fans now. Thank you, Yao.

10. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

It's very unfortunate that Yao generally missed most of the past 2 seasons because I feel many of us has easily taken for granted how great of a player he actually was and how much of an impact he had to the team's success. Had he decided to retire after he had gotten injured, I feel that some of us who've been recently bashing Yao would feel differently. Regardless, I can say confidently that he was at one point the best center in the NBA and one of the greatest players of this generation. Off the court, he was an outstanding human being who displayed a loyalty and respect for the game that cannot be heralded enough. Not only was his heart made of pure gold, he bridged the game of basketball to China, opening up tremendous opportunities for profit for the league and its players. I'm very fortunate to have seen him play. It's a sobering feeling that we won't see another player like him in possibly forever.

11. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Being a bit younger than some of you guys who got to witness the back to backs, I didn't even think about the Rockets until I was in Htown one day during Yao's rookie season, working, traveling through. I had the night off, went to see the Rox play Philly, and the rest was history. I'm now a HUGE rockets fan (not just Yao, but I truly am now a fan of the organization) and if it weren't for him, I don't think that would be the case. It is, however, and my wife can attest to the fact that I am actually WAY to big a rockets fan :)

Gonna miss seeing Yao, and wish him all the best!!!

12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SOK0mVRPfdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Thank you so much YAO. You will be missed for a long long time.

14. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Couldn't really say it any better than this right here.

We'll miss you, Yao. Stick around Houston, if you're able!!

15. jocar

jocar Member

On to greener rice patties, buddy.. We will miss you!

16. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Something is missing from your clip here...;)

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S-9xVUmmg1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Best wishes for Yao and his families for the rest of his life.

17. acjeitherocket

dam ima miss Yao...def didnt deserve his career to end this way

Sighs......

Thanks for all the memories YAOOOOZAAAAA!!!!!

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was such a fun season with Ron and Yao. Great to see Yao get some playoff success with the Rockets. He'll never have that stigma on him of never winning a playoff series.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

:(Gonna miss you Yao. The Yao-Tmac combo will never be forgotten

20. startah

startah Member

Wow its a sad day gonna miss the big guy! (Yao) thanks for all your contribution buddy! we really appreciated it wish you well in all your endeavors in life.:)