1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nachbar

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BmwM3, Nov 5, 2002.

1. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Why isn't he getting any minutes?? With the rockets down that much, he should have gotten some minutes.

2. spence99

spence99 Member

Agree 100%. The Rockets are never going to get better if they don't learn to not rely on Mobley and Francis so much. We proved last year that they can't win by themselves. Let's give some other players some minutes so they can develop.

3. BmwM3

Rudy isn't even giving him a chance. He needs to be in a game, especially one that we were getting beat bad, to see how he affects the game. Give him a chance to grow and get confident.He's bringing Nachbar along to slowly.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

The rockets still had a shot to win and Nachbar will probably not get anymore than scrub minutes all year... It's just the way it is we have too many players and I think it's going to be a problem...
    The best teams play with 8 or 9 man rotation...

The rockets have the starters Francis Griffin Cato Mobley and Let's say Rice get's the nod at the 3... so now off the bench getting significant playing time is Mooch Mo T, Ming and KT and the way Hawkins has been playing D lately he deserves to be in the rotation... That is absolutely positively already 1 too many players and maybe 2... and when Tmo comes back you could argue he deserves minutes too.

So Nachbar (barring injuries) will not get any playing time this year and that's just the way it is... Hawkins beat him out for those few minutes he could have had.

We have too many players right now... and the only resolution is to trade someone for fodder...

Personally I think Kenny is the odd man out... As good a year as he had last year. We have no room for him... He is another Iso player and he won't settle for long durations of bench time... He is in his contract year and he wants the money... so that means he will shoot first and pass later... He already had that problem and this year it will only get worst...

Now before you KT supporters get angry, let me just clarify that I believe he is a good player with still more untapped talent but he just happens to be the odd man out. So I don't know of any other solution is to trade him or release before he has to spend any time on the bench

5. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

It's worse for any guard because SF is at 39 mpg and Cat is at 44 mpg. SF had to sit out significant time versus Seattle due to foul trouble, otherwise he would be up there with Cat.

6. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

music to my ears...

7. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I wish Nachbar will get at least 5 to 10 minutes game !

8. BmwM3

I second that wish!!

9. JamesC

JamesC Member

I was wondering the same thing about Boki. He definately needs to get some playing time. The problem is that right now the minutes just aren't there. I hope he can crack the line-up soon. I dont think I'm the only one who wants to see what he's capable of doing.

10. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Are we really a playoff contender this season? It doesn't seem like Rudy T has any controll of his team, unless this is the way he likes the Rox to play ball; with most of the ballhandling and scoring going through SF and Cuttino. This is really hard to believe. Rudy knew that this was the style of play last season and it was boring, the team attracted little fan support, and we didn't win too many games, hence an obvious summer vacation and no playoff birth. When are the coaches going to step up and say "this is how I want you to play?" "Francis and Mobley, you are going to get used to your teammates, and you are going to involve them. You are going to spread the ball around every chance you get and you are going to promote a team oriented style of offense." I mean, do you think this is possible, or like I mentioned before, is this Rudy style basketball?

Back to my question. Are we a playoff contender right now? Well, if we keep playing as a two man squad and don't win games by a collective (as a whole) team effort, then we are not a playoff challenger, and we have to spend the season finding a way to get the production we NEED from our EXISTING players to reach that goal. Plus, are we still too young? Is the overall lack of NBA experience, and the level of each Rocket's overall rating, if there was one, not high enough yet? We still have a lot of players who are young, and still haven't tapped their potentials and learned enough to form the great team they should be when everyone develops; such as Ming, Griffin, Morris, Hawkins, and the aforementioned Nachbar. And Francis, Mobley, and Taylor are still young to the fact that they still don't know what it takes to be team leaders, or promote team chemistry on the court, which, ultimately, with our nice assortment of players, should result in many more wins. So are we a considerable playoff contender, or do we need a lot of luck and good fortune to be mentioned in that class this season?

I for one do not believe we are an actual playoff team this season. We still need more time grooming our players (if they would start making a little progress here and there - you know who I'm talking about). Our team still needs time to learn each other and gel, as you might put it. And we still need to tap into the potential that so many Rockets have, and start showing the skills so the team can benefit. So, why not play guys like Nachbar to help this entire process along? I mean, give the young guys a decent amount of playing time this season to work out all of the kinks, and next season the the playoffs in Houston will be very well deserved and more than just hopes and prayers. But who's to say this will all go down in two seasons?

11. Sane

Sane Member

KT for a Injured-List PF and a late first rounder.

LOL, you wanna help the Lakers win the championship? Let's trade KT for Samaki Walker and a pick?

12. ckrdkjr

ckrdkjr Member

do you think boki will end up on the injured list when t-mo comes back

13. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

I think he is hurt alittle so we are giving him a rest. Or maybe he cussed Rudy out in practice lol.

14. BmwM3

I hope Jason Collier goes on the injured list instead of Boki!!