1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pau Gasol Wants Brother Marc to Leave Grizzles! Rockets Time!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cookies18, Jul 1, 2011.

1. cookies18

cookies18 Member

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here for threadworthy news.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Gasol, Hayes
    Scola, Patterson
    Morris, Bud
    KMart
    Lowry, Dragic

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You ain't seen nothin yet. 60 days into the lockout and we will be posting player recipes.

3 people like this.
  5. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Are we forgetting that memphis had a better season than the rockets and a better future?

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not if Gasol comes over.

7. cookies18

cookies18 Member

So True. We have a nice core of young players and a great starting lineup. :grin:

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Why future? They were only a couple of games better this season, if they lose Gasol it would be a crippling blow.

Randolph is very good but he isn't young and Gay while good is overpaid. Conley and Lowry are a wash and I'd say our younger players PPat, CLee, Morris and D-Mo are better then their young guys so Gasol changing teams would swing the balance.

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Yeah, but that's with Gasol already on the team.

The question you have to ask yourself is which team would be better with Gasol.

Maybe I'm a homer, but I don't think it's much of a question. :)

10. cookies18

cookies18 Member

For sure not memphis since with the new trade bargaining agreement, they wont be able to afford Gasol. Rudy Gay, Conley, and Randolph with huge contracts. Nor Sir Memphis.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

lol. It is going to be a long, long summer. Damn lockout. I was getting ready for the NBA Summer League in Vegas.

12. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Pay could be trying to recruit him to the lakers lol

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Too bad the people who control Marc's future are the Grizzlies.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, how many lockout threads can there be? This is more solid than the "chris bosh tweet" thread at least.

Now the Rockets need to cast a wide net on their assistant coaches so we have some drama to follow.

#14 Carl Herrera, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  15. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

That’s not really cool of Pau to diss the organization who drafted him, not to mention treated him well enough to trade him to a contender despite his crybaby sulking. I guess he’s just jealous that the Grizzlies did better without him this past season than they ever did with him.

Anyway, I'd be beyond thrilled to see Marc in a Rockets' uniform, so make it happen, new CBA.

1 person likes this.
  16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

People said the same thing about the Warriors when they beat Dallas... See how that worked out!

Just Because you get hot and upset a team in the 1st round doesn't automatically mean you have a bright future! I see them between the 7th and 10th spot for the next few years...

17. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

lol I dont know why people do this, post a depth chart just to add one player. Like we didnt know already where he would be on it? LMAO

18. Durrby

Durrby Contributing Member

That's true, but I think what Pau is talking about is for his brother to go to a up and coming team where he can be the primary or secondary option on offense. Marc Gasol only averaged 11.7 points per game last year but he has the talent to be a much better scorer than that. He just doesn't get very many touches in Memphis because when healthy, Z-Bo and Gay are the first and second offensive options for Memphis and that probably won't be changing anytime soon.

If the Rockets can convince him to come to Houston I'm sure they would have the offense run through Gasol and give him the opportunity to raise his game. It will just depend on whether Morey and McHale can convince Gasol that Houston is his best option.

19. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Yeah, but it most likely won't matter either way.

I can't see Memphis not matching any offer Gasol gets.

Don't give me that CBA crap either. Even if there wouldn't be enough room to keep their current core together, what would you rather do? Keep Gasol and trade Gay for valuable assets or keep Gay and lose Gasol for nothing?

20. RocketsFan09

RocketsFan09 Member

Fixed ;)

unless I'm missing something here...been outta the country for a month