1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[38th Pick] Chandler Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

Seems like a pretty bright kid. I'm sold on this pick.

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Maybe in Bizzaro land, Budinger will give you 30 to 35 pts a night. In the real world, he was good for less than 10 pts a night.

3. alethios

alethios Member

IDK, sounds like how we ended up in the subprime mortgage crisis.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Cool. When the season arrives, I don't doubt it.

However, I'll pony up $100 to the tip jar if Chase is still our starting SF when the season ends. Wanna bet?

#144 CXbby, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Buzz Lightyear is here and Woody needs to step assigned

Rocket River

6. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

I'd say this guy is pretty

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NdhuLfGcjrE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I think Parsons is alot more like Mike Dunleavy jr in that he can really handle it along with stroke it. Dunleavy with the 3rd pick back when, this guy 38th? We might get the same type of player.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lol! The guy speaking at the 15 second mark sounds like a video game!

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Done. If Bud is not the starting SF at the first of the year, I shall put $10 in the tip jar. If Bud does not lose his starting job to 2M (2B), Williams or Parsons, other than to injury, you will put $100 in the tip jar.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Uh, are you crazy? That isn't how bets work.

If Bud does not lose his job to Morris by the end of the season, I'll put $100 in the tip jar. If Bud DOES lose his job to Morris by the end of the season, YOU put $100 in the tip jar.

That's the bet, take it or leave it. According to you in the other thread you already took that bet with me...:confused:

You make no sense. NO ONE is saying Morris will start at the beginning of the year. YOU are the only one saying Bud will start all year long. So put your money where your mouth is. Why are you trying to bet $10 on something no one is disputing?

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

LMAO, you can't throw in $10 and have him throw in $100 if he loses.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

My take: Budd will start at the beginning of the season (whenever THAT is), all the way up until the trade deadline. Morris will get decent minutes, though. That way, if MaMo appears to be starter material, Budd will be included in a trade at the deadline and Morris becomes the starter.

If either of them stinks it up, though, like Buddinger did for that long stretch last year, the other gets the job.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

LOL. This dude is sick. Trying to hustle on a bbs.

#153 CXbby, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  14. playlife

playlife Member

Maybe he made a typo and left out a zero. :)

15. sbyang

sbyang Member

Parsons is a soft player with a questionable work ethic. The talent is there but I'd be shocked if he's more than a scrub.

16. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Nope, my wager was $10 and has always been $10. CXbby likes to be theatrical so I am taking him up on his 10 to 1 bet. Read his posts more carefully.

17. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

lol, he said he wants to be smart with his money yet in the interview he was showing off the latest, I phone, I pad and those poser head phones even before he gets his first nba paycheck .

18. HombreDeHierro

haters gon hate

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yeah, your the one that needs to read more carefully. No one is giving you 10 to 1. And your ten dollar meaningless bet is meaningless, since NO ONE is saying Morris will start day 1. So good luck betting with yourself. Too bad you go around everywhere saying Bud will start all year long, yet you're too scared to bet on it. If $100 is too "theatrical", what ever the hell that means, I already said you can name the price. $10, $1 whichever you think is least theatrical.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's not what thumbs said (we seem to be entering Bizarro Confusion World in the thread!). He said Chase could give us 30-35 points. He can. He has. He didn't say he'd average that, unless I'm confused (not an impossibility, but not here, I believe). The implication is, however, that this coming season, if there's any season, won't see Morris or Parsons uncork a game or two in the same ballpark. Morris just might. A more interesting bet, IMO, would be picking which of the three will have the highest scoring game this coming season.