1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Tim, I miss Bill and Calvin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Nov 5, 2002.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't really know why I am whining to you but I am really getting tired of having to watch and listen to the opposing team’s broadcasters on League Pass. I am assuming the reason that we don't get Rockets broadcasts is because 51 is not on satellite yet. If that is the case then I also hate 51 and can't wait until you guys start scheduling some games on Fox Southwest. Please tell me it will be soon. The only thing worse than watching my favorite team loose is having to listen to the other teams broadcasters gloat about it. So Please, Please, Please schedule some games on Fox Southwest so I can listen to the Rockets broadcast while watching the game. Oh yeah one other thing, if it is not too much to ask please make 610 start providing Streaming Audio of the games on their internet site. I hope that is not asking too much.

Sincerely,

A Frustrated Out of Town Rockets Fan

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

is that why we don't get bill and calvin?? if so, then i'm ****ing pissed off. i have actually been very pleasantly surprised by the other teams' announcers so far, but they're just that, the other teams' announcers. i want bill and calvin and their joking and calvin's craziness and his suits and bill laughing at calvin and everything else. bring em back.

3. Nimnal

Nimnal Contributing Member

I totally agree. Really dissappointing to not hear Bill & Calvin with home games. I couldn't believe we didn't have the Rockets feed for our season opener.

BTW, Tim -- ESPN had "Yao fouled out of last 2 out of 3 games" scrolling on the bottom of the screen today for at least four hours. Please set 'em straight!

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The GS game on Sat is listed to be the KNWS feed, but after that it will be opponents broadcasters for the rest of the month. It has nothing to do with KNWS being available on satellite and more to do with the Rockets signing their TV deal late. Next month will be much better.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

where do you find which feed there will be for each game Smokey?

6. edc

edc Contributing Member

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I watched the game in Houston on Saturday so I assumed the game was the KNWS feed on League Pass. Then maybe KNWS not being on satellite could be a factor :confused:

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope the Rockets get this straightened out. I can not take a WHOLE season of enemy broadcasters.

The channel 51 deal getting done so late is very sloppy.

Tim,

The Rockets should have had this done a LONG time before the season....SLOPPY !!

DaDakota

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I love Bill and Calvin together covering basketball, but keep Bill away from baseball. He annoys the **** out of me when he does baseball.

10. Rockets10

Rockets10 Contributing Member

I actually wrote the station about this and it turns out that their owner, Infinity Broadcasting, does not allow any of its stations to stream live over the internet. So they will not be able to set up a stream anytime soon. :( They actually used to have one before they were bought out by Infinity.

11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The entire broadcast situation SUCKS.

This is my first ever post. I was waiting for something worth writing about, and this is absolutely it.

If you live north of The Woodlands, you can pretty much forget about watching or listening to the Rockets over conventional media. 610 AM does not even come in after dark. Channel 51 doesn't come in at all. I can listen to Spurs and Mavericks games to my hearts content, but can I get Houston? NOT EVEN CLOSE. I am about 40 miles south of College Station, an hour out of Houston, and I can not pick up ANYTHING.

I don't know the inside scoop on what is happening with the media situation, but I can say that as long as I have been watching, since the late 70's, it has NEVER been worse. NEVER.

It's very difficult to get enthusiastic about a team you can't see or hear anything about. Enthusiasm generates support, support generates ticket sales, ticket sales generate revenue. Les is a businessman, I am certain he must understand this fundamental aspect of sports marketing. When he begins losing money, this is one of the most logical areas to point a finger at, and somebody will probably lose their job over the situation.

GET THE DAMN GAMES ON A TV STATION PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY WATCH!